Demise of "View Active Topics"

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
FloridaClay
Victor VI

Demise of "View Active Topics"

Post by FloridaClay »

I know the Admins are working on it, but I sure hate that "View Active Topics" has stopped working (you only get the 2 admin posts now). That was where I headed every day to see what was new. I know I am missing stuff now.

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.

Henry
Victor V

Re: Demise of "View Active Topics"

Post by Henry »

It works for me. Is anyone else having this problem?

FloridaClay
Victor VI

Post by FloridaClay »

Henry wrote:It works for me. Is anyone else having this problem?
Are you getting anything on it other than the 2 administratiors' threads?

Clay
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.

Tinkerbell
Victor III

Post by Tinkerbell »

FloridaClay wrote:
Henry wrote:It works for me. Is anyone else having this problem?
Are you getting anything on it other than the 2 administratiors' threads?

Clay
I am still getting only the 2 administrator's threads... no aggregated view of all active topics as previously. :(

FloridaClay
Victor VI

Post by FloridaClay »

I contacted an Administrator, who said that it had quite working after an "upgrade"--a sofware upgrade I'm guessing--and that they were trying to fix it.

Clay

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Clay,

As I said before, this stopped working after the most recent update to the latest version of phpBB, it is a known issue with this version. MordEth is working on fixing it but I currently have no ETA. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, please use the "View New Posts" button next to it, which does work. This will display all unread posts. They are essentially the same thing, the only difference is that "View Active Topics" will show posts you have already read.

Thank you for your patience.

FloridaClay
Victor VI

Post by FloridaClay »

HisMastersVoice wrote:In the meantime, please use the "View New Posts" button next to it, which does work. This will display all unread posts. They are essentially the same thing, the only difference is that "View Active Topics" will show posts you have already read.

Thank you for your patience.
Thanks for the tip!

Clay

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

I misunderstood :oops: . I was hitting "View new posts," not "View active topics." Sorry. (I never use these buttons anyway, I just look for the yellow flags on each topic.)

doublemike
Victor I

Post by doublemike »

On my Mac (and my iPhone, too) hitting "View active topics" link I view ONLY active UK-related topics... I'm European, so I'm glad for this preference, but I would view worldwide-related active topics... Where am I wrong? :roll:
Victor Monarch, Columbia BK, Columbia BNW, Zonophone model 3, HMV 130