Personal Message (PM) problem on this board?

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Re: Personal Message (PM) problem on this board?

Post by HisMastersVoice »

alang wrote:I noticed problems only recently both with PMs and regulat forum posts when it would sit forever and then come back "server not responding". I also started to copy to clipboard before submitting, but if you had pictures in your post these are gone as well. So it is still a big PITA and will hopefully be fixed again soon.
Andreas
This has to do with the server the forum is hosted on, which we currently have no control over.

As far as the Private Messaging goes, there are no problems as far as I can see. I send and receive messages almost daily and have not experienced any issues. If you click the wrong button, generally you can hit the back button on your browser and the text will reappear.

Phonofolks
Victor I

Post by Phonofolks »

However, people have identified problems with sending PMs. So there is a problem even if you have not encountered this problem yourself. It does not happen all the time. Also the correct button is hit but the message disappears. The back buttomn does not retrieve the message either. Can you contact someone who monitors the server to look into this problem? That would be a good first step to resolving the issue. Thanks!

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Phonofolks wrote:However, people have identified problems with sending PMs. So there is a problem even if you have not encountered this problem yourself. It does not happen all the time. Also the correct button is hit but the message disappears. The back buttomn does not retrieve the message either. Can you contact someone who monitors the server to look into this problem? That would be a good first step to resolving the issue. Thanks!

It's been brought to my attention that some users may be confused when they don't see their message in the sent folder. This does not mean it did not go through. Messages that are sent will reside in the Outbox until the recipient has viewed the message, at which time it will move to the Sent folder.