Unable to Post in One Thread

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Unable to Post in One Thread

Post by phonogfp »

This morning I attempted to post a welcome in a thread: "New to the Forum (owner of 1922 VV-100)". Although the post shows up in my profile, it doesn't appear in the thread. This evening I tried again with the same negative results. I can post in other threads. What's going on?

Thanks for your help - -

George P.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Re: Unable to Post in One Thread

Post by alang »

This "hung" post of George also shows up as "unread" for me in the Machines forum, but I cannot find it in the actual thread. I can "Mark all read", but the next time I visit the forum it shows again as if there was a new post from phonogfp that is invisible. Will probably require Admin fix.
Thanks
Andreas

phono-smitten
Victor I

Post by phono-smitten »

alang wrote:Will probably require Admin fix.
I agree, something wonky (technical term). I was able to see both of his posts by changing the display parameter at the bottom of the page. If you change the value where it says "Display posts from previous:" to something other than 'all' his posts appear. I tried quoting one of his posts. Mine shows when all are viewed but his are still hidden.
Dee

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

I feel like a ghost... I'm here, but you can't see me. :)

George P.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

I resynchronized the database and both posts appeared. Not sure why it was caught in post purgatory, the planets must have been aligned when you posted or something... :?

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

Thanks, HMV!

George P.