Why do threads mysteriously disappear?

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
tomwil
Victor I

Why do threads mysteriously disappear?

Post by tomwil »

There was a thread concerning dealer apathy that had some useful comments, that now seems completely gone. Why? Between all the moves of threads, and now disappearing acts, it's getting quite confusing.

The thread in question is http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =2&t=12622 , and now gives "The requested topic does not exist."

Google's cache is here.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Re: Why do threads mysteriously disappear?

Post by HisMastersVoice »

The thread in question was removed because the original poster deleted their post content last night, I just removed what was left. It's not a disappearing act, it's forum maintenance.

Regarding the moving of posts, the forum categories are fairly simple, however there are still an abundance of mis-categorized posts. For example, if you are discussing a record, it should go in music. If you are trying to buy, sell, trade, or alert people about something for sale, it should go into Yankee Trader. Many people still post anything and everything in "Machines", so in order to keep the forum organized, I have to move them. When threads are moved to their appropriate category, an icon and link remains in the original forum indicating that it's been moved, so I'm not sure where the confusion there is.

StarTMachine
Victor Jr

Re: Why do threads mysteriously disappear?

Post by StarTMachine »

Hi there

Just read the above and now I know what 'move' means. Sorry if I cause any extra work for the moderator but I hope that these teething problems will be ironed out the more I get use to how things work here.

Thanks for the information, it answered my question I was about to ask.

Charley
:coffee: