Anyone else have trouble getting this site to connect?

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
larryh
Victor IV

Anyone else have trouble getting this site to connect?

Post by larryh »

I spent several hours today trying to get to a message I had received and the internet address simply refused to open. Yet what left of the Edison site opened immediately as did all other links.. I have always noticed a long delay in sending messages or loading opinions to threads but lately I simply can't get even on the site. Maybe its my computer, but if so it wouldn't explain why most everything else is working fine?

Larry

Tinkerbell
Victor III

Re: Anyone else have trouble getting this site to connect?

Post by Tinkerbell »

larryh wrote:I spent several hours today trying to get to a message I had received and the internet address simply refused to open. Yet what left of the Edison site opened immediately as did all other links.. I have always noticed a long delay in sending messages or loading opinions to threads but lately I simply can't get even on the site. Maybe its my computer, but if so it wouldn't explain why most everything else is working fine?

Larry
It's not just you... I even sent an email to Jerry B. to see if he was experiencing the same problems... :rose:

phono-smitten
Victor I

Post by phono-smitten »

I have also noticed an increase in connection issues (HTTP 503 errors) over the last month or so. Today has been particularly bad. The hosting server may be getting bombarded with traffic. Note all the spam posts.

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

There seems to be a problem with the server. We are also getting hit hard with "spam" of all types (some posting as a member). Not wanting to mention names and I know "Lang" has tried to bring this the membership's attention already.....try to avoid posting your email and or phone number on this (or any) forum. You are just looking for problems. Once your computer gets corrupted....it can affect any and all others who happen to have contact info on your computer. As "Lang" suggested....pass this type of personal info though our PM avenue.

Food for thought.... ;).
Last edited by gramophone78 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Yes, Jerry B.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

I am working with MordEth to get the server issues resolved, please be patient.

Thanks,
Brandon

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I had the same problem yesterday and this morning. I hope its corrected.
Harvey Kravitz