NO WHERE TO SHOW OFF YOUR MACHINES?

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
ambrola
Victor IV
Personal Text: Be Careful What You Say, You Can't T ake It Back!

NO WHERE TO SHOW OFF YOUR MACHINES?

Post by ambrola »

I wish we had a link on the board to post pictures of our machines. I know I would like to see what treasures the members have. How about it Moo?

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Re: NO WHERE TO SHOW OFF YOUR MACHINES?

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Can you elaborate on what you mean by a link?

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

Amberola wrote:I wish we had a link on the board to post pictures of our machines. I know I would like to see what treasures the members have. How about it Moo?
Why Jeff???. You can do a "Featured Phonograph" on a machine you own. Just look at past "feature's" (the next one will be No.90) and follow the rough format. Then, just go for it. We would all love to see what machine's you have Amberola.... ;) :).

ambrola
Victor IV

Post by ambrola »

I was just thinking about other boards I visit. I also collect and play guitar. On one of the Les Paul forums, they have a place just for pictures. I guess I can put them in the machines link. Is that what you guys do? I haven't seen any but mine? Well, I can't post a picture anyways, don't know how. Tried, but Clay got it working, not me. I will try again,
[img][IMG]http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/Amberola/DSC_0007-3_zps46fd9b52.jpg[/img][/img]

ambrola
Victor IV

Post by ambrola »

See, don't work for me. What am I doing wrong? :oops:

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

Amberola wrote:See, don't work for me. What am I doing wrong? :oops:
I like the pics you posted via a link. Last member in the pool is a rotten egg!!!!.... :lol: :lol:. But seriously....I'm sure Mr. HMV can PM you all the details for you to do a "Featured Phono" in our "machines" section. Pick any machine you like. From the two I see....it might be a hard choice to make.
I for one can't wait.

ambrola
Victor IV

Post by ambrola »

Well, I do have the disease like the rest of you. I can put some pretty rare machines on here if I knew how. Funny thing happened today. I bought a Standard model D, just because the price was cheap. It is a cygnet horn machine. Had the back bracket, C and H reproducers and the bell for the cygnet. The bearing was froze, so I replaced it. Put a new belt on it and played great with the C. Went to look at the H, and the top was broken clean off. Looked in my parts, and found a top, but the limit pin was gone. But the broken one had it. Spent an hour getting it out, and was putting it back together and the hinge pin was broken way down deep. I finaly after 3 hours just gave up.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

Amberola wrote:I was just thinking about other boards I visit. I also collect and play guitar. On one of the Les Paul forums, they have a place just for pictures. I guess I can put them in the machines link. Is that what you guys do? I haven't seen any but mine? Well, I can't post a picture anyways, don't know how. Tried, but Clay got it working, not me. I will try again,
[img][IMG]http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/Amberola/DSC_0007-3_zps46fd9b52.jpg[/img][/img]
It is really pretty easy to show a "Featured Phonograph". And yes, you would create a topic in the "Machines" section. Here is a link to the last one (#89): http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =2&t=13665. You simply create a topic with the next number (#90) and use the same format to present your information. If you are missing any information just leave it empty, more often than not other forum members will provide additional info.
Here is the basic template:

Make:
Model:
Serial #:
Year(s) Made:
Original Cost:
Case/Cabinet Size:
Turntable/Mandrel:
Reproducer/Sound-Box:
Motor:
Horn Dimensions:
Reproduction Parts:
Current Value:
Interesting Facts:

And here is a good description about how to post pictures and other attachments in this forum: http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... 29&p=26253

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your machines.

Andreas

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Amberola wrote:See, don't work for me. What am I doing wrong? :oops:
I would recommend that you upload the photos directly to the forum as opposed to linking from photobucket, imageshack, etc. It improves page load speed and helps decrease the amount of broken photo links when images are deleted or moved on the third party site. The link Alang posted should give you the details you need.

Moooperator
Victor I

Post by Moooperator »

Moo only sits around this board huffing edison oil and cleaning his nails with used phono needles. Checking out the phonagraphy! :o