Delay in Private Message Delivery?

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Delay in Private Message Delivery?

Post by CDBPDX »

Probably a dumb question, but it seems my private messages to forum members sometimes takes many hours to be delivered. Is there a delay factor?

Thanks! Cliff
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8

Edisone
Victor IV

Re: Delay in Private Message Delivery?

Post by Edisone »

I have 2 sitting in my "Outbox" right now, both from last night. I can't tell if the recipients got them or not.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

When you see a message in your outbox, that just means the person hasn't read it yet. Once they read the message, it leaves your outbox. Private messages are delivered instantly.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

Also, bear in mind that those messages have to go a long way and in many cases overseas, depending on where you live... lots of mountains and other obstacles in the way.

(Before you even think of it - PLEASE do not respond with a "correction" to the above... It's a JOKE... :lol: )
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

CDBPDX wrote:Probably a dumb question, but it seems my private messages to forum members sometimes takes many hours to be delivered. Is there a delay factor?

Thanks! Cliff
I find that the message goes to my Outbox instantaneously, but any notifications that are sent via email can literally take days. By the time I get a notification, I've usually already read the PM.

CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Post by CDBPDX »

HisMastersVoice wrote:When you see a message in your outbox, that just means the person hasn't read it yet. Once they read the message, it leaves your outbox. Private messages are delivered instantly.
Cool - Thanks! Cliff
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8