Categories

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
stevel
Victor II

Categories

Post by stevel »

Can I ask a dumb question?
A post I made about an Edison Standard has been moved from the Machines category to the British and European Machines category.
Can I ask why?

Although I am in the UK the machine in question is most definitely a US Machine , so I'm a bit confused.
I had a PM from a member last night pointing out that we had a British and European Machines category which I knew already.
As I'm British should I only post in the British and European Machines category?

Steve

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Re: Categories

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Steve,

I moved it because it is an Edison-Bell, which is a British machine.

-Brandon

stevel
Victor II

Post by stevel »

HisMastersVoice wrote:Steve,

I moved it because it is an Edison-Bell, which is a British machine.

-Brandon
I see - I'd disagree it's an Edison Bell ,it is a US Edison sold to the Edison Bell Company.
An Edison Bell Standard is quite a different machine:

Steve

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

If you read this, it says Edison-Bell on the plate, as well as referencing being licensed for use within the United Kingdom...am I missing something here?
DSC04450.JPG

stevel
Victor II

Post by stevel »

HisMastersVoice wrote:If you read this, it says Edison-Bell on the plate, as well as referencing being licensed for use within the United Kingdom...am I missing something here?
Possibly :)
My machine was manufactured in New Jersey by Edison -the licence plate indicates that Edison New Jersey sold the machine to the British Edison Bell Company , not that the machine was manufactured by the Edison Bell Company.
Edison Bell bought the rights to distribute Edison's products in the UK from the early 1890's until 1904 when it lost the monopoly.

Steve

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Okay, I moved it back.