I could use some help with "bumping" and "editting"

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
HudsonValleyNYJoe
Victor Jr

I could use some help with "bumping" and "editting"

Post by HudsonValleyNYJoe »

Hello; Thanks to all who respond. A few weeks ago I had requested help with understanding "bumping". I had a response informing (if I remember correctly, as I can't figure out where the private message exchange went to so I can;t go back and take a look...) that a bump option will auto appear every 10 days. I have 3 postings I want to bump. All 3 were added on 1/24. None has a bump option defined. Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Also, I am trying to figure out how to update or edit an existing posting. I have one that was added on 1/23, and interestingly it has a bump function/option on it. However, in the notes at the bottom it says I can edit or delete postings while logged in. I'm logged in but can't find either an edit or a delete function. I'd just as soon edit the posting to identify the need has been satisfied, per whatever words we are to use to signify this. I see other postings reflecting an item has SOLD for example, so I know an edit function exists. Can someone tell me how I can invoke edit or delete?

Regards & Thanks, Joe

Player-Tone
Victor II

Re: I could use some help with "bumping" and "editting"

Post by Player-Tone »

Hello Joe,

I am not positive on this, but I think the bump option is only available for posts in the 'Yankee Trader' section.

As for editing a post, when logged in you should see a button at the bottom right of your post that lets you do this. I attached a picture with this button circled in yellow:
Help.jpg
Note that a post can only be deleted for the first 30 minutes after it is made, or until somebody else comments in the thread. After that it becomes permanent but can still be edited, but only for 30 days when the edit option will also go away.
Last edited by Player-Tone on Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Mike

Player-Tone
Victor II

Re: I could use some help with "bumping" and "editting"

Post by Player-Tone »

... Here is what the 'delete' option looks like when available: (The little 'X' circled in yellow)
Help.jpg
-Mike