Easily embed YouTube videos in your posts

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Easily embed YouTube videos in your posts

Post by MordEth »

I had mentioned previously that we can now prettily embed YouTube videos here at our new home, as I have recently added the [youtube] tag. Here is an easy tutorial on how to embed a video, using the button above the composition box (where you type your messages).

First, copy the URL to the video and paste it into the composition box:

(In this example, I the video was linked from the channel page, and has ‘&feature=channel_page’ after the video ID.)

You want to highlight and delete the ampersand (‘&’) and anything after it:

(We only want to have the URL to the video ID.)

And then hit the Delete or Backspace key so that this remains:

(Depending on where on YouTube you copy the URL from, you might actually be starting after the step above, because your video URL may not have the ‘&...’ text.)

Next we want to highlight the entire URL:

...and click the [youtube] button:

The final result looks like:
MordEth wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFMukWYeso4[/youtube]
And unlike how things were at ProBoards—there’s no advertisements here (and we have the explanation line below it, because I do not think anyone was aware that you could double-click the video). ;)

As always, use the contact links below my post or on my profile if you have any questions, or I an assist you in any way.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.