Idea for Yankee Trader

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Idea for Yankee Trader

Post by gramophone-georg »

Is there any way to add a "see other ads by this user" type of feature to posts in the YT? This would allow a user to link to all their other posts that are active in that board to a new offering.

This would make it far easier for buyers (I've ripped my hair out more than once trying to find a listing I know I've seen by searching the seller's general posts!) and it would probably ease the constant "bump" posts. It's annoying to list something and have it bounced off the first page sometimes within hours by people bumping older ads so they will get seen. Don't get me wrong- I completely understand why people bump their listings, and I have done it myself.

Those of us with multiple items for sale or wanted could put a link in our sig lines as well.

Just a thought.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Victor VI

Re: Idea for Yankee Trader

Post by 52089 »

You can actually do that now, at least sort of.

From any post by a a given user, click the "profile" button, then click "Search user's posts". Once there, enter "for sale" in the "Search these results" box and press enter.

Not a single click solution, of course, but at least it comes close to what you want.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

52089 wrote:You can actually do that now, at least sort of.

From any post by a a given user, click the "profile" button, then click "Search user's posts". Once there, enter "for sale" in the "Search these results" box and press enter.

Not a single click solution, of course, but at least it comes close to what you want.
I've tried that and what you get are multiple posts in the same thread as well as the person responding to anything else with 'for sale' in the title.

I think that what I'm suggesting would be more efficient and far less counter- intuitive. That said, I do realize that Brandon is limited as to what codes he can access and also possibly limited by software functionality.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Unfortunately by nature of the forum software, there is really no way to do this. Also, it is written in the guidelines that artificially bumping a post without there being a price change is not allowed. The post may be bumped every 7 days using the "bump" button that appears at the bottom of the post after the time has elapsed. When I see someone posting the word bump or similar, I delete it.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

HisMastersVoice wrote:Unfortunately by nature of the forum software, there is really no way to do this. Also, it is written in the guidelines that artificially bumping a post without there being a price change is not allowed. The post may be bumped every 7 days using the "bump" button that appears at the bottom of the post after the time has elapsed. When I see someone posting the word bump or similar, I delete it.

I kind of figured that might be the case on the software.

As to the "bump" button... I've never seen it- in fact, I just went back and looked at all my long languished YT posts and not a one has it showing anyplace.

Am I just that blind?