Rule proposal for Auctions and Craigslist Alerts forum

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
Victor VI

Rule proposal for Auctions and Craigslist Alerts forum

Post by 52089 »

I would like to suggest that all postings to the Auctions and Craigslist Alerts forum must indicate whether the item referenced belongs to the poster or not. Simple phrases like "This is mine", "This is not mine", "Posting for a friend", etc. should be sufficient.

Thoughts?

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Re: Rule proposal for Auctions and Craigslist Alerts forum

Post by EdisonWizard »

If it's theirs shouldn't it be placed in yankee trader instead? I always thought this section is for something you found you felt someone else may have interest in; but you have no stake in the item.
J.F.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

EdisonWizard wrote:If it's theirs shouldn't it be placed in yankee trader instead? I always thought this section is for something you found you felt someone else may have interest in; but you have no stake in the item.
Yes, anything you own and offer for sale - at a fixed price - should go to Yankee Trader.

Most of the listings in Auctions and Craigslist Alerts are indeed from disinterested third parties, but not all. Some members have been alerting forum members to their own ebay listings, not explicitly stating that the listings are in fact theirs. I personally think stating whether something is yours or not is a good idea.

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

Of course I post my Ebay items here if I think they are of interest to members , IT'S EBAY , why wouldn't I . any one can see they are my ( Soundgen ) 's items

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pedan ... fHXvu7logP

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

PLUS NO ONE IN THE UK/EUROPE WILL LOOK AT YANKEE TRADER < PERHAPS THERE SHOULD BE A EURO TRADER , YOU GODDAM YANKS ! :D

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

52089 wrote:
EdisonWizard wrote:If it's theirs shouldn't it be placed in yankee trader instead? I always thought this section is for something you found you felt someone else may have interest in; but you have no stake in the item.
Yes, anything you own and offer for sale - at a fixed price - should go to Yankee Trader.

Most of the listings in Auctions and Craigslist Alerts are indeed from disinterested third parties, but not all. Some members have been alerting forum members to their own ebay listings, not explicitly stating that the listings are in fact theirs. I personally think stating whether something is yours or not is a good idea.
I'm scratching my head over why an eBay/ CL alert should be prohibited when the item is, in fact, offered on eBay/ CL.

What difference should it make who owns it?

My opinion is that we're entering micromanagement based entirely on personal preferences here. While I have my personal preferences too, I realize they may not be everybody else's.

I'm OK with it as it is.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

A National Geographic poll of over 500 young Americans, aged 18 to 24, showed that six per cent failed to locate their own country on a map of the world.

Among those with a high school education or less, the figure was one in ten. Only one in three could find Great Britain on a map.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... orant.html

AND YOU WANT ME TO POST IN YANKEE TRADER :D :D

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

gramophone-georg wrote:
52089 wrote:

I'm scratching my head over why an eBay/ CL alert should be prohibited when the item is, in fact, offered on eBay/ CL.

What difference should it make who owns it?

My opinion is that we're entering micromanagement based entirely on personal preferences here. While I have my personal preferences too, I realize they may not be everybody else's.

I'm OK with it as it is.
Sanity from gramophone-georg

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

soundgen wrote:A National Geographic poll of over 500 young Americans, aged 18 to 24, showed that six per cent failed to locate their own country on a map of the world.

Among those with a high school education or less, the figure was one in ten. Only one in three could find Great Britain on a map.

Get used to it, Redcoat. :lol: :lol:
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

gramophone-georg wrote:
soundgen wrote:A National Geographic poll of over 500 young Americans, aged 18 to 24, showed that six per cent failed to locate their own country on a map of the world.

Get used to it, Redcoat. :lol: :lol:
1776 everyday! Hahaha
J.F.