Yankee Trader Alert

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
studebakerphonos
Victor II
Personal Text: Skilled Craftsman produce radio cabinets at RCA Victor in Camden, N.J.

Yankee Trader Alert

Post by studebakerphonos »

Is there a way of getting an email or Text alert sent to me when a new posting is made in the Yankee Trader.

Sorry, not too computer literate....

Thanks, Bob

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Re: Yankee Trader Alert

Post by HisMastersVoice »

You can click "Subscribe Forum" at the bottom of the page when you're in the Yankee Trader section, but be warned that you'll get an email for every post in every topic. So, a lot of emails.

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

Brandon-

Is everyone getting emails regarding post replies or messages still? It’s been a long time since it worked and I always have to remember to go check a post or comment for replies etc.
J.F.

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

I get notices on new messages but haven’t received notices on new listings in the groups that I am subscribed to.

Rich Gordon

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Emails work fine for me, you may want to double check that your email address on the forum is current and that they aren’t going to a junk folder.

When subscribed to a forum, emails are generated when a new post is created, not a new topic - though the first post in a topic does create the topic. There’s no way to only subscribe to new topics unfortunately. Just check back often!

Someday I hope to upgrade “Yankee Trader” to something more suitable for commerce, sort of craigslist-like. Perhaps using some sort of plugin for phpBB. Having a fee-free platform for us to buy and sell to trusted people is a huge asset. When you think about how much money trades hands on this forum every week, it’s quite amazing!

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

HisMastersVoice wrote:Emails work fine for me, you may want to double check that your email address on the forum is current and that they aren’t going to a junk folder.

When subscribed to a forum, emails are generated when a new post is created, not a new topic - though the first post in a topic does create the topic. There’s no way to only subscribe to new topics unfortunately. Just check back often!

Someday I hope to upgrade “Yankee Trader” to something more suitable for commerce, sort of craigslist-like. Perhaps using some sort of plugin for phpBB. Having a fee-free platform for us to buy and sell to trusted people is a huge asset. When you think about how much money trades hands on this forum every week, it’s quite amazing!

So I went in and double checked everything, my email was correct along with my settings. Would hotmail automatically block emails if you get a bunch and are deleting them? I have no idea where to look on hotmail settings lol
J.F.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

EdisonWizard wrote:
HisMastersVoice wrote:Emails work fine for me, you may want to double check that your email address on the forum is current and that they aren’t going to a junk folder.

So I went in and double checked everything, my email was correct along with my settings. Would hotmail automatically block emails if you get a bunch and are deleting them? I have no idea where to look on hotmail settings lol
I don't know, I don't use Hotmail. The important takeaway is: if the forum is sending emails to one person, it is sending them to everyone, it's an all-or-nothing sort of thing. Whether individuals are getting them is an entirely different story and likely resides with your email provider. There are occasions when the forum email ceases functioning, but at the moment everything is operational.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Thanks to this post, I looked further into not getting updates myself, too.

For some reason gmail was marking everything as spam. I don't know why, but of the few dozen emails I examined in my spam folder, there was single one using a members name, but not his correct email address.

Could this have "tripped" the gmail spam setting?

Best,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.