Should Yankee Trader be split in half?

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
mick_vt
Victor I
Personal Text: Foxtrotaholic

Re: Should Yankee Trader be split in half?

Post by mick_vt »

The rules could be simpler if the forums were split: For Sale, Wanted, Trade . ;)

ok ok

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

I only see this as an issue for members how don’t log in often. For those of us who log in either daily or every other day we see all current listings. Each page on the Yankee Trader contains listings for two to three days, So I don’t see the need to split it. Maybe the simple answer is log in a few times a week.

Rich Gordon

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

rgordon939 wrote:I only see this as an issue for members how don’t log in often. For those of us who log in either daily or every other day we see all current listings. Each page on the Yankee Trader contains listings for two to three days, So I don’t see the need to split it. Maybe the simple answer is log in a few times a week.

Rich Gordon
Precisely. Not to mention, this forum basically has ONE moderator who does this thankless job while working full time and also having a "life" outside of all this. Long ago and far away, I used to help out here as well, before Brandon took over the reigns, it's a LOT of work, so please let's not forget that. Log in, look around and find a deal! :)

Sean

mick_vt
Victor I

Post by mick_vt »

Speaking as someone who runs a forum using exactly the same software elsewhere, good splitting of sub forums is the key to having to moderate very little. Expecting people to follow rules in how they post is always a thankless endeavor.

I log in at least twice a day, I still feel what I said above... and extra moderators could be found, they can have very specific limited rights with this software

mick_vt
Victor I

Post by mick_vt »

Now things have changed a little I'd like to raise and promote this idea again. I'd be more than happy to help moderate and marshal the posts too

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Post by Mormon S »

mick_vt wrote:Now things have changed a little I'd like to raise and promote this idea again. I'd be more than happy to help moderate and marshal the posts too
The change has already been made. You're talking about the music trading section, correct?

Martin

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

HisMastersVoice wrote:Nope.

I can’t even get everyone to use THIS yankee trader properly.
Would this make it a lot easier for you to monitor the sales due to the split. One would have a lot more posting in records and parts would have a lot less volume to monitor. People wanting to sell or exchange items I would hope could figure out the right category to put it in due to the dollars incentive Tom

mick_vt
Victor I

Post by mick_vt »

Mormon S wrote:
mick_vt wrote:Now things have changed a little I'd like to raise and promote this idea again. I'd be more than happy to help moderate and marshal the posts too
The change has already been made. You're talking about the music trading section, correct?

Martin
Ah sorry, this is what I was wanting to raise again
mick_vt wrote:I would like to see it split in this way, and perhaps even further. Yankee Trader moves so fast that Wanted ads get buried very very quickly. I'd like to see for sale and wanted split more than anything
The idea I proposed of splitting Wanted from For Sale postings. Wanted postings generally need to hang around a lot longer and with the current mix they get buried fairly quickly. I would also personally like to see the ads that have been found or sold moved to an archive... again I'd be up for doing the work to make it that way