A Location Section

Post any website technical issues, suggestions, or requests here
travisgreyfox
Victor IV

A Location Section

Post by travisgreyfox »

I would like to meet up with more collectors in my area, as i'm sure lots of others feels the same. Would it be possible to get a section going where we could post up cities/towns/areas to plan meet ups and meet our fellow collectors?

-Travis

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: A Location Section

Post by phonogfp »

This could be easily accomplished if forum members would only fill out the "Profile" section of their accounts.

George P.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

phonogfp wrote:This could be easily accomplished if forum members would only fill out the "Profile" section of their accounts.

George P.
Thank you....

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

touché

A consolidated page would be much easier, however.

Also, didn't think much about it but most are on facebook and use this service to find like-minded collectors. I don't do any social media (unless this counts).

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

travisgreyfox wrote: Also, didn't think much about it but most are on facebook and use this service to find like-minded collectors. I don't do any social media (unless this counts).
Good for you! I don't do Facebook or other social media either (except to monitor the APS Facebook Page). The idea didn't appeal to me from the first, and subsequent events have only further strengthened my resolve. I know a few people who were made unhappy(ier) through Facebook, and once they gave it up, claim they're better off.

If I were traveling through a particular region and wanted to find nearby collectors, I'd just post where I was going and ask if anyone on this forum wants some company for an hour or two.

George P.