The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Forum Problems
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:06 pm 
Victor III
Valecnik wrote:
I'm really starting to hope for the ultimate crash that brings this site down and commences the migration. I fiddled around trying to get it to load for about half an hour today. Then went off and did other things. Now it seems fine but especially frustrating is when I see a post such as, "FOR SALE - SOMETHING I REALLY WANT", click on it and can't get it to load.

I have nothing but good things to say about the current administration of this page but hands are tied. Is it time to end life support?

You're not the only one who wishes for that. It's so hit and miss again lately. I might sign in a few times a day then I might not sign in for a few days. This site crashing is as random as me. I was replying to an ad and when I hit post reply, the wheel spun for 5 minutes then I got the error message. Not typing that again. I agree that it's time to pull the plug imo

Mike

Post subject: Re: Forum Problems
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:28 pm 
Victor III
George,

Could I make a suggestion without sounding insulting? When I had my business and we changed our computer systems, we had a "soft opening" and didn't make it public. Once we knew the computers were good with just a handful of customers and didn't have any glitches, then we launched hard, were very busy and things went smooth.

Imagine if this site crashes and a thousand members all jump to the new site in a day. You might have members find "issues" you didn't know you had. If you let 20-50 members join per day, these people could get used to the new site and if there was a few things overlooked, would get taken care of before the site was rammed all at once possibly causing bigger problems. Hope I made sense of what I was trying to say.

It's just my suggestion and I hope you take it as that. Again, your site, your way. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Mike