EMG archaeology explained in funny video!

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

EMG archaeology explained in funny video!

Post by Steve »

Just found this! This guy has worked out things I couldn't figure out in 5 years of owning this machine. For anyone who has more than a passing interest in EMG Handmade Gramophones, this video is a 'must watch'!

Note how far the sound travels from a Wilson Horn through which St James Infirmary Blues is blasted. Amazing stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCXGyP8d ... ideo_title

gregbogantz
Victor II

Re: EMG archaeology explained in funny video!

Post by gregbogantz »

Loved that presentation, as well as this owner's earlier one about this machine. A wonderfully chatty chap. I laughed out loud several times. He's clearly crossed swords with some of the sanctimonious Brit collectors over this machine and lived to tell about it. Good on him.
Collecting moss, radios and phonos in the mountains of WNC.

GMEMG
Victor O
Personal Text: Colonel Mustard

Post by GMEMG »

"Sanctimonious Brit Collectors "

That sure made me laugh out loud !

How very true, The only non sactimonious Brit collectors are me and the former owner !

Most UK collectors are Mean spirited, Sactimonious, Greedy, jealous, secretive and rather unpleasant and they've got the UK gramophone trade they deserve

That's why I admire American collectors so much, You Buy BIG, Pay BIG and are free, open and generous with information and help

NOTHING is too much trouble for an American Collector whilst "Tea and stale Biscuits" are all you'll get out of the UK version !

Whenever i am mentioned to UK collectors "Teacups rattle and biscuits are forcibly dunked" (a UK expression of the most extreme anger )

Phototone
Victor III

Post by Phototone »

Surely, there are other "real" and warm, friendly and genuine collectors living in the UK that aren't a part of the snobby elite of collectors referred to in previous posts?

Phototone
Victor III

Post by Phototone »

So, from the video, it looks like this machine originally had an electric turntable motor, but now currently has a large spring motor?

MTPhono
Victor III

Post by MTPhono »

GMEMG wrote:"Sanctimonious Brit Collectors "

That sure made me laugh out loud !

How very true, The only non sactimonious Brit collectors are me and the former owner !

Most UK collectors are Mean spirited, Sactimonious, Greedy, jealous, secretive and rather unpleasant and they've got the UK gramophone trade they deserve

That's why I admire American collectors so much, You Buy BIG, Pay BIG and are free, open and generous with information and help

NOTHING is too much trouble for an American Collector whilst "Tea and stale Biscuits" are all you'll get out of the UK version !

Whenever i am mentioned to UK collectors "Teacups rattle and biscuits are forcibly dunked" (a UK expression of the most extreme anger )
You admire American collectors so much you post this about some of us:
Auxetophile, Sidewinder,Valecnik and Gramophone78 on the TMF are those very Puppets and any "Contributions" they make are to be taken "Cum Grano Salis"
I question who indeed should be taken "cum grano salis"?

Swing Band Heaven
Victor III

Post by Swing Band Heaven »

Phototone wrote:Surely, there are other "real" and warm, friendly and genuine collectors living in the UK that aren't a part of the snobby elite of collectors referred to in previous posts?
There are. Plenty.

GMEMG
Victor O
Personal Text: Colonel Mustard

Post by GMEMG »

That's not the whole quote is it ?

Here IS the whole quote from my Blog :

I see the well - known "Illegal Ring Member" Mr Howard Hope has instructed his "Creatures" or should that be puppets to infiltrate the Talking Machine Forum and promote his new "Trading Site"

"Phonotrader.Com"

a very odd "Moderated Trading Platform" - Recognise the pompous, Verbose Howard Hope Style ? recognise the strange Black/Gilt pedestal with repro bracket they use as the logo on the site - it's HH's !

It is supposed to be run by Swiss/German Collectors but whilst anyone joining has to put their FULL personal details the people behind the site remain "Unknown Superiors

There are a very few decent UK collectors but they are very few indeed and haven't the imagination to buy the sort of things an American collector would.7

"Swingbandheaven " is now in New Zealand so doesn't count !

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

Let's please get one thing straight here: gmemg is NOT referring to ANY collectors in the video apart from ME, the previous owner. Everyone else referred to is a DEALER who wouldn't know their head from their a**e if it bit them! :lol: :lol:

Swing Band Heaven
Victor III

Post by Swing Band Heaven »

GMEMG wrote:
"Swingbandheaven " is now in New Zealand so doesn't count !
LOL

Its not even tiffin time yet but l can already hear the far off chinking of china cups :lol:
Last edited by Swing Band Heaven on Tue May 17, 2011 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.