EMG archaeology explained in funny video!

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: EMG archaeology explained in funny video!

Post by gramophoneshane »

Gee you guys started early. I had just turned 13 when my junk shop trawling began. Soon after I got my first after school job, polishing brass & doing letterbox drops for our local junk shop. It was the same shop that I discovered the wonders of the gramophone & 78rpm records. 32 years later I'm still hooked :)

Swing Band Heaven
Victor III

Re: EMG archaeology explained in funny video!

Post by Swing Band Heaven »

Well, it is what happened. My parents were never far away and I was obsessed with old records and record players which they had no interest in. On occasion my father would accompany me. Don't get me wrong - it wasn't a dayly occurrance or even weekly - more occasional. I think that drip feed of looking for records somehow fueled my interest all the more. Now I think that is enough of the interrogation as the thread has strayed far from what it was originally - mostly my fault I'm afraid!

EDIT: I would add that the areas I was allowed to roam were strictly defined and were known to me - Truro market, shopping areas in Paighton around the corner from my grandmothers house, Falmouth etc...I don't mean to give the impression that I was roaming the streets of London solo from the age of 2! Its only know I am a parent myself that I realise just how much freedom I had and how much you do worry about your little darlings walking around by themselves. There, I'll shut up now!