Hi everyone!

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
StarTMachine
Victor Jr

Hi everyone!

Post by StarTMachine »

I just wanted to say hello to all here and I can't wait to start to contribute to what I think is such a fantastic hobby which I have to admit that I am new to forums and all IT technology. I'm a bit old fashioned - where's the pigeon these days? ;)

No, but on a serious note I hope to bring a lighter tone to the subject. So... let's see what happens and thank you for letting me join!
:D

Ian
Victor O

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by Ian »

Welcome aboard!
Ian

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

StarTMachine wrote:I just wanted to say hello to all here and I can't wait to start to contribute to what I think is such a fantastic hobby which I have to admit that I am new to forums and all IT technology. I'm a bit old fashioned - where's the pigeon these days? ;)

No, but on a serious note I hope to bring a lighter tone to the subject. So... let's see what happens and thank you for letting me join!
Welcome to the board! You'll find lots of interesting, knowledgeable fellows and gals here. Prepare to learn a lot!

As you know, we don't quite speak English over here, so could you kindly translate the pigeon reference for me? Thanks in advance.

Henry

P.S. I thought Berkshire was in Massachusetts---silly me! :)

VintageTechnologies
Victor IV

Post by VintageTechnologies »

Henry, I'm guessing he means sending messages by carrier pigeon. He's old school. If some gadget doesn't have a crank on it, I'm kind of lost too. :lol:

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Henry wrote:
StarTMachine wrote:I just wanted to say hello to all here and I can't wait to start to contribute to what I think is such a fantastic hobby which I have to admit that I am new to forums and all IT technology. I'm a bit old fashioned - where's the pigeon these days? ;)

Welcome to the board! You'll find lots of interesting, knowledgeable fellows and gals here. Prepare to learn a lot!

As you know, we don't quite speak English over here, so could you kindly translate the pigeon reference for me? Thanks in advance.

Henry

P.S. I thought Berkshire was in Massachusetts---silly me! :)
Well, if you spoke pigeon English, you'd understand… :P

StarTMachine
Victor Jr

Post by StarTMachine »

VintageTechnologies wrote:Henry, I'm guessing he means sending messages by carrier pigeon. He's old school. If some gadget doesn't have a crank on it, I'm kind of lost too. :lol:
Yes, carrier pigeon indeed. :) Gadgets, who want's them? They only make things faster and I'm all for slowing down these days. Everything in ones stride and each day as it comes.

It will probably take me a couple of days to find out how to upload pictures and things but in the mean time I will also be reading through some of the posts and getting acquainted with what has been posted. From a quick glance I can see that I will be reading for some time :roll: But, it looks like there are some interesting topics here.

Thanks again !

Retrograde
Victor III

Post by Retrograde »

Some handy tutorials for posting on the forum.

StarTMachine
Victor Jr

Post by StarTMachine »

Thanks Retrograde for the link. I'm onto it now.

I see a 133 people have looked into this thread. WOW!

To all those who have looked, thank you for your time. I feel very welcomed!

Ian
Victor O

Post by Ian »

StarTMachine wrote:I feel very welcomed!
And rightly so.

Since joining the forum a day or two ago, you've started a few new threads and as a result encouraged others to participate. A busy forum is always a more interesting forum. Keep up the good work!
Ian