European Gramophone Stands - Cabinets

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
maestro2009
Victor O
Personal Text: Collector

Re: European Gramophone Stands - Cabinets

Post by maestro2009 »

Starkton wrote:This is another interesting stand, the "Grand Opera" of 1903 with gramophone "Monarch De Luxe No. 15a." At that time the total price was about $210.
In the catalogue of 1903, there are other stand.And also paralegals brackets for the concert horn.I created a reproduction of such a bracket for my concert horn with the logo BURHARD
Attachments
pfoto монтаж.jpg
DSC00289.jpg
nJp8Ui9-r68.jpg

jamiegramo
Victor III

Post by jamiegramo »

As below
Last edited by jamiegramo on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jamiegramo
Victor III

Post by jamiegramo »

maestro2009 wrote:
Starkton wrote:This is another interesting stand, the "Grand Opera" of 1903 with gramophone "Monarch De Luxe No. 15a." At that time the total price was about $210.
In the catalogue of 1903, there are other stand.And also paralegals brackets for the concert horn.I created a reproduction of such a bracket for my concert horn with the logo BURHARD
The old photos are great and the reproduction you have made of the bracket looks wonderful especially when compared with the Grand Opera photo shown previously on this thread. Such a strong Art Nouveau design. Did you have an original to copy or did you have to work from illustrations? I wonder if you made it in iron?

maestro2009
Victor O

Post by maestro2009 »

jamiegramo wrote:
maestro2009 wrote:
The old photos are great and the reproduction you have made of the bracket looks wonderful especially when compared with the Grand Opera photo shown previously on this thread. Such a strong Art Nouveau design. Did you have an original to copy or did you have to work from illustrations? I wonder if you made it in iron?
Thank You! I think the original bracket has not survived.And I never met Johnson's concert mouthpieces either.But it was a lot of mouthpieces, made in Russia.One of the producers of BURHARD, known for its needles, attached to his mouthpiece advertising stamp with the address of the store in St. Petersburg.I have such a mouthpiece, and 2 others, are more in museums.So I decided to make an exact copy of the bracket and the pipe itself, perhaps even with a pedestal.I have been working as a carpenter for 30 years and it is not a problem for me.I think that this kit will be on sale
Attachments
DSC00299.jpg
рихтовка 1.jpg
рихтовка 2.jpg
DSC00029.jpg

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

That is master-level work! Where did you have it cast?

Bill

maestro2009
Victor O

Post by maestro2009 »

I personally did a 3d model in 3ds max, then it was milled on a CNC machine, then I took the model on silicone rubber, then wax model and cast professional foundry.
Attachments
DSC00259.jpg

fonografica
Victor O

Post by fonografica »

maestro2009 wrote:I personally did a 3d model in 3ds max, then it was milled on a CNC machine, then I took the model on silicone rubber, then wax model and cast professional foundry.

Absolutely amazing!

Marco Gilardetti
Victor IV
Personal Text: F. Depero, "Grammofono", 1923.

Post by Marco Gilardetti »

Impressive job.

The main problem with European Gramophone Stands is that they're so rare that they can be considered non existent. I could never see one with my own eyes.

Is there anyone producing replicas, perhaps?

maestro2009
Victor O

Post by maestro2009 »

Marco Gilardetti wrote:
The main problem with European Gramophone Stands is that they're so rare that they can be considered non existent. I could never see one with my own eyes.
In St. Petersburg there is a private Museum of gramophones.There you can see many different stands
Attachments
0_108a7a_83e11aa4_orig.jpg
0_108a81_2f5e9928_XL.jpg
735700.jpg
Last edited by maestro2009 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

maestro2009
Victor O

Post by maestro2009 »

Marco Gilardetti wrote:
Is there anyone producing replicas, perhaps?
About replicas and copies of any carpentry? Here I can help personally. All my life I have been producing exclusive orders from wood.Here are a couple of examples of my work. I live in Ukraine.Mail works fine. I think later I will create a personal topic
Attachments
DSC08295.jpg
Фото060.jpg
Фото060.jpg (89.23 KiB) Viewed 1991 times