European Gramophone Stands - Cabinets

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
jamiegramo
Victor III

Re: European Gramophone Stands - Cabinets

Post by jamiegramo »

gramophone78 wrote:
US PHONO wrote:
gramophone78 wrote:Just would like to add a color pic of the stand now that we own one. Interesting to note the door opens the opposite way in the above cut drawing.
With your stand - not made for an extension arm, the drawer and cabinet door are on the same side and you have flowered panels on all 4 sides. On the model made for the extension arm, the drawer was at the back opposite to the arm, and the door to the record compartment was on the side. :-)
Thanks for the clarification. I am curious..other than Andreas newly listed stand.....does any other member know of another one of these with ornate bracket in private hands...??.

Although our stand clearly did not use this bracket, most seem to believe it was offered for use with the G&T Monarch Deluxe 15 (also known as the Melba). However, it seems that this stand was also used with the G&T Monarch Deluxe 14. Also another ebonized case. As shown in this photo. It has also been mentioned to me that these stands were made in Germany and then shipped accordingly.
G&T Monarch Deluxe 14 With Stand.jpg
I actually have the pedestal, or similar, shown in the French Catologue. It is made of oak and has the redundant holes for the large bracket. Unlike the drawing the door opens the same way as the ebonized version and i've wondered if the artist just got that wrong or was drawing a prototype. Mine also has the drawer above. Certainly the majority, if not all, of the Gramophone Companies pedestals were manufactured by Sachs Holzwasenfabrik Max Bohme & Co. of Dippoldiswalde in Germany.

jamiegramo
Victor III

Post by jamiegramo »

Andreas Gramophones wrote:Hello everyone, it seems these cases are rare and hard to find, I'm one of them, Zonophone cabinet with bronze and support, inside there are three compartments for storage of records, is in excellent condition, the horn is 54 inches, just missing the correct player, I use a generic model, a friend know about this piece?
Hi Andreas, this is a great stand and very similar to the Gramophone Co's setups. Is it actually marked 'Zonophone'? With so little information on Zonophone it's easy to forget that they made some great stands...
Attachments
Ebonized Zonophone model A with glass sides.
black1.jpg (55.16 KiB) Viewed 3216 times
black2.jpg (55.24 KiB) Viewed 3216 times

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

jamiegramo wrote:
I actually have the pedestal, or similar, shown in the French Catologue. It is made of oak and has the redundant holes for the large bracket. Unlike the drawing the door opens the same way as the ebonized version and i've wondered if the artist just got that wrong or was drawing a prototype. Mine also has the drawer above. Certainly the majority, if not all, of the Gramophone Companies pedestals were manufactured by Sachs Holzwasenfabrik Max Bohme & Co. of Dippoldiswalde in Germany.
Maybe you can post some pics of your French stand....??. The ebonized Zonophone pedestal is on the web. Is this your pedestal??.

jamiegramo
Victor III

Post by jamiegramo »

gramophone78 wrote:
jamiegramo wrote:
Maybe you can post some pics of your French stand....??. The ebonized Zonophone pedestal is on the web. Is this your pedestal??.
Yes I will try and post some pics of it but it is much the same as the one Ripduf1 had, which also has the normal door opening. I took the Zonophone pedestal pics from the web and unfortunitely it is not mine.

ALVES
Victor O

Post by ALVES »

I have this stand which is very similar to the G&THmV type styling. it has musical instruments carving on all sides
Attachments
Gramophone stand with G&T machine
Gramophone stand with G&T machine

Andreas Gramophones
Victor I

Post by Andreas Gramophones »

Again my Zonophone, now with the cup detail face up as it should be, is in Brazil for a long time, perhaps since new as shown in the company's identification plaque that acquired
Attachments
DSC01126.JPG
DSC01133.JPG
DSC01123.JPG

US PHONO
Victor II

Post by US PHONO »

jamiegramo wrote:
Andreas Gramophones wrote:Hello everyone, it seems these cases are rare and hard to find, I'm one of them, Zonophone cabinet with bronze and support, inside there are three compartments for storage of records, is in excellent condition, the horn is 54 inches, just missing the correct player, I use a generic model, a friend know about this piece?
Hi Andreas, this is a great stand and very similar to the Gramophone Co's setups. Is it actually marked 'Zonophone'? With so little information on Zonophone it's easy to forget that they made some great stands...
Here is a summary of Zonophone models. not complete but growing.

http://www.zonober.com/zono/machines.htm

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

Andreas Gramophones wrote:Again my Zonophone, now with the cup detail face up as it should be, is in Brazil for a long time, perhaps since new as shown in the company's identification plaque that acquired
Andreas, turning the decorative cup around makes it look just that much better. Really enjoyed our PM's. Since we travel a great deal South. Perhaps we will get down your way. Then, I can see your collection in person.

Of course I will try to talk you out of your machine.... ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Congratulations again on owning such a wonderful and rare machine/stand... :mrgreen:.

Andreas Gramophones
Victor I

gramophone78 wrote:
Andreas Gramophones wrote:Again my Zonophone, now with the cup detail face up as it should be, is in Brazil for a long time, perhaps since new as shown in the company's identification plaque that acquired
Andreas, turning the decorative cup around makes it look just that much better. Really enjoyed our PM's. Since we travel a great deal South. Perhaps we will get down your way. Then, I can see your collection in person.

Of course I will try to talk you out of your machine.... ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Congratulations again on owning such a wonderful and rare machine/stand... :mrgreen:.
You need to see Zonophone in action, it's beautiful, it would be a pleasure to receive your visit at any time of the year, let me know to prepare for the reception, we will hear some cylinders and rare records, I will make some Greek specialties to eat and if you have time we mine some rarities in antique fairs.
A hug and see you soon.

Andreas Gramophones
Victor I

zonophone signature inlaid on both sides of the oak cabinet, serial number 1051 engraved on the underside of the chassis cover.
Attachments
DSC01232.JPG
DSC01232.JPG (92.27 KiB) Viewed 3000 times