French Aerophone

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
walser
Victor II

Re: French Aerophone

Post by walser »

Another Aerophone is currently on sale on Ebay.fr:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Gramophone-Phono ... 3f54ed7f4f

According to the catalogue, its one of the most basic models they sold and that model didn't have the special arm with the volume control.

eBay Item #272007790415
$_57.JPG

musicphono
Victor Jr

Post by musicphono »

Hi Pedro I have an Aerophone horn for sale for your machine;) Contact me if you are interested. Cedric ;)

walser
Victor II

Post by walser »

Hi all,

After an almost 3 years search I finally found the correct horn for my Aérophone. The one offered by Cedric was unfortunately the small model (there where two sizes according to the catalogue).
I found it on ebay attached to a Pathé Diamond that had a difficult live according to its state. By fortune, the horn is en pretty good shape. No cracks and only some small bumps that can be easily fixed.

The horn is a wonderful piece of art. The curved part is soldered using the same technique as the brass wind instruments. A sort of almost invisible stitching done using very small brass tabs and solder that you can barely see it and is absolutely imperceptible to the touch.

I've made the decision to put it on sale. I need to fund a new project (a Seraphone organette) and my wife says that 4 gramophones and 2 phonographs at home are more than enough. (Yes, I love her)

I will put it on the Yankee trader section tomorrow and on Ebay next week.
20170308_1918110.jpg
20170308_1918010.jpg
20170309_215833.jpg