Question about Pathé phonograph.

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
fonografica
Victor O

Re: Question about Pathé phonograph.

Post by fonografica »

Phonofreak wrote:I have this same machine. Mine has the standard mandrel, and the Salon mandrel that fits over it. There are no decals on my machine, but I see the Pathé characteristics. I have the horn and reproducer, but I am missing the extension piece, that holds the reproducer and horn. Where can I get one of these so I can complete my machine? If I can't locate one, I'll try to build my own.
Harvey Kravitz
Here's one: http://www.ebay.fr/itm/322511595477?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT
Attachments
potence.JPG
Last edited by fonografica on Thu May 11, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I should have been more clear. I need the metal rod and vertical metal part that holds the horn in place. It fits into folding "carriage". I have the horn, reproducer and rubber fitting.
Harvey Kravitz

cweastlick
Victor II

Post by cweastlick »

john9ten wrote:
78monarch wrote:A few days ago i bought a defect Pathé phonograph. Does anyone know which model this is?
Thank you in advance.
Hi. This is a Pathé "Royale". It is capable of playing both standard and Salon size cylinders. Yours semms to have only a Salon mandrel on it, but the regular mandrel can be found and a salon slip on mandrel applied to it. Here is a picture of the Royale with both mandrels, extension arm and horn. THese pieces can be found. Tim Fabrizio used to specialize in Pathé machines, and I have a connection in France.

John Robles

John,
Allow me to piggyback on your quote about Tim Fabrizio. Do you think he would know where to find a crank for a Pathé 50 tabletop. No one seems to be able to find one or has ever seen one. The winding shaft on the motor is about 5/16" in diameter and has a slot that a pin, from the crank, fits in to.
Thanks!
Charles Eastlick

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Thanks for the link. I did notice the seller doesn't ship to the USA, unless I misread it. At least I know what the part looks like.
Harvey Kravitz
fonografica wrote:
Phonofreak wrote:I have this same machine. Mine has the standard mandrel, and the Salon mandrel that fits over it. There are no decals on my machine, but I see the Pathé characteristics. I have the horn and reproducer, but I am missing the extension piece, that holds the reproducer and horn. Where can I get one of these so I can complete my machine? If I can't locate one, I'll try to build my own.
Harvey Kravitz

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Phonofreak wrote:Thanks for the link. I did notice the seller doesn't ship to the USA, unless I misread it. At least I know what the part looks like.
Harvey Kravitz
fonografica wrote:
Harvey Kravitz
Many times that's a default setting on eBay and if you send the seller a message they don't have a problem shipping to the US. You will probably need to know French or use Google Translate though. Jean-Paul Agnard may also have your part.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I did contact Jean-Paul. He is working on it. I should have contacted him first. He's a great guy to deal with.
Harvey Kravitz

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

cweastlick wrote:
john9ten wrote:
78monarch wrote:A few days ago i bought a defect Pathé phonograph. Does anyone know which model this is?
Thank you in advance.
Hi. This is a Pathé "Royale". It is capable of playing both standard and Salon size cylinders. Yours semms to have only a Salon mandrel on it, but the regular mandrel can be found and a salon slip on mandrel applied to it. Here is a picture of the Royale with both mandrels, extension arm and horn. THese pieces can be found. Tim Fabrizio used to specialize in Pathé machines, and I have a connection in France.

John Robles

John,
Allow me to piggyback on your quote about Tim Fabrizio. Do you think he would know where to find a crank for a Pathé 50 tabletop. No one seems to be able to find one or has ever seen one. The winding shaft on the motor is about 5/16" in diameter and has a slot that a pin, from the crank, fits in to.
Thanks!
Charles Eastlick
How long does the handle need to be ?

cweastlick
Victor II

Post by cweastlick »

It needs to be 4"- 5" out to the bend then about 5" down to the knob.

phonodesbois
Victor II

Post by phonodesbois »

Hi,
attached the pic and measures of an original Pathé rod. This is the most current one although very long horns might require a longer rod.
Jeff
Attachments
measures.jpg