"WHERE'S MY MUMMY( OR DADDY!)

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
old country chemist
Victor II

"WHERE'S MY MUMMY( OR DADDY!)

Post by old country chemist »

I am posting two pictures of a "Bebephone" (Baby gram) on this forum to see if anyone knows the rightful owner.
This machine was discovered whilst clearing a deceased collector's collection. In his shed there were a couple of gramophones awaiting repair
. This one was in a cardboard box with the name and address of the sender on it. Sadly, whilst clearing,(as one does!), the box with the sender's name and address was thrown out. I put in an appeal with the CLPGS, and Christopher put a picture of it in the recent magazine. I had a feeling that the owner was a CLPGS member-but not too sure. No-one has come forward to clain this dinky little gramophone. It is in a better state now than when I first discovered it, and I have had to do various repairs, and fitting missing parts to it. So...if anyone knows of a collector who may be the rightful owner, then please get them to contact me. I will ask them several questions as to why the machine was put in for repair, so as to ascertain whether they are the Mummy or Daddy!
I would dearly like to find the person, as I do not think that I should continue to have it here, even though I did work on it. I would be happy to give it back free of charge, without any of the costs incurred in it's renovation and repair.
Gramophonically yours, Alastair Murray.
Attachments
BEBEPHON GRAM 007.JPG
BEBEPHON GRAM 002.JPG

OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: "WHERE'S MY MUMMY( OR DADDY!)

Post by OrthoSean »

What a cute machine! And what a wonderful honest gesture on your part! I wish more people were this honest...

Sean