Thorens Excelda repair information.

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
ldelin
Victor Jr

Re: Thorens Excelda repair information.

Post by ldelin »

soundgen wrote:I have a box of these gears if you let me know the overall diameter , internal diameter and the no of teeth I can see if I have a match
Gear dimensions sent to you via PM
Thanks

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

You said the gear is shot. From the picture of the gear, it appears to be fine.
Are the teeth damaged? Does the gear have a split in it? (common cause)
Just wondering.

James.

ldelin
Victor Jr

Post by ldelin »

Roaring20s wrote:You said the gear is shot. From the picture of the gear, it appears to be fine.
Are the teeth damaged? Does the gear have a split in it? (common cause)
Just wondering.

James.
The gear in that earlier picture is an old 2010 photo from the forum that clearly shows the same gear in pristine condition.
The picture below is a photo of the actual gear that came out of my Excelda. It's still mounted on it's brass carrier, as I'm not certain it will come off without falling apart.

I used the old photo first because it shows a very clear shot of just the gear that I need, in new condition. In the background, you see the same gear mounted inside the Thorens motor on the carrier.

In my actual photo below; it's difficult to see and understand that the gear is a separate part from the brass carrier. My carrier is fine. I only need the gear; which is pressed, or "interference fitted" onto the brass carrier. It's also difficult to understand in my photo below that the concave condition of the outer edge is all from wear; unless you've seen the flat edge of the teeth on the new one.

Thanks,
Les Delinski
Attachments
IMG_8773sm.jpg
IMG_8773sm.jpg (57.31 KiB) Viewed 905 times