The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Pathé Coquet in need of lots of love
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:26 am 
Victor Jr
walser wrote:
Hi Billehifi

I'm sure your phonograph is not a Pathé. It looks similar and the design shares the same general concept and maybe even shares some dimensions as the reproducer socket. I'm also following your restoration and I like very much your approach of how you are doing it.

BTW, I Nickel plated my first piece this last week end. I think you need to nickel plate all your pieces to prevent them from rusting again. It's a fairly easy process that can be done at home.

Regards,

Pedro Martínez

It is possible that you could write me a pm? How did you nickle plate your pieces at home?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:39 am 
Victor I
JerryVan wrote:
I have a Model "A" style, but in a very simple box, finished in a green leatherette. No sign that I can see there having been a lid either. Have you seen such a model?
Hi, although I don't have this model, it rang a bell so we looked through our documentation and my wife did find something similar on Jean-Paul Agnard web site...
As the direct link to this page does not work, if you want to see it, go to http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=phonog ... tion%2Ehtm select other French machines then Girard and look at the very first one called “XX siècle”. It's difficult to see if it's a nickel plated machine or a black one.
Could you check if a salon mandrel fits on your machine?
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:39 am 
Victor I
Billehifi wrote:
walser wrote:
Hi Billehifi

I'm sure your phonograph is not a Pathé. It looks similar and the design shares the same general concept and maybe even shares some dimensions as the reproducer socket. I'm also following your restoration and I like very much your approach of how you are doing it.

BTW, I Nickel plated my first piece this last week end. I think you need to nickel plate all your pieces to prevent them from rusting again. It's a fairly easy process that can be done at home.

Regards,

Pedro Martínez

It is possible that you could write me a pm? How did you nickle plate your pieces at home?

Hi,

I followed this very instructive thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27955

I sourced my nickel from ebay and I use titanium rods to attach the anodes because they don't contaminate the Nickel acetate solution.

Regards,

Pedro Martínez

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:21 pm 
Victor IV
phonodesbois wrote:
JerryVan wrote:
I have a Model "A" style, but in a very simple box, finished in a green leatherette. No sign that I can see there having been a lid either. Have you seen such a model?
Hi, although I don't have this model, it rang a bell so we looked through our documentation and my wife did find something similar on Jean-Paul Agnard web site...
As the direct link to this page does not work, if you want to see it, go to http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=phonog ... tion%2Ehtm select other French machines then Girard and look at the very first one called “XX siècle”. It's difficult to see if it's a nickel plated machine or a black one.
Could you check if a salon mandrel fits on your machine?
Jeff

Jeff,

That's it! I don't believe a salon mandrel would fit on my machine. Interesting to see that there was a lid. As Jean-Paul mentions, there is no evidence of a latch for the lid, hence my thinking there never was one. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:27 am 
Victor I
Here are my reproducer and recorder finished. I've nickel plated the connectors. It took me several attempts to end up with a finish that its neither too dull or too shiny in order to blend them to the rest of the pieces.
Attachment:
20180209_164745.jpg
20180209_164745.jpg [ 597.09 KiB | Viewed 160 times ]

If you want connectors please send me a message. I've found that the shank of the reproducers size vary slightly so I think that the best option is to send me the reproducer and I will return it with the connector fitted. I can make them also with an almost mirror like finish.

Regards,

Pedro Martínez

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8