Pathé Coquet in need of lots of love

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
Billehifi
Victor Jr

Re: Pathé Coquet in need of lots of love

Post by Billehifi »

walser wrote:Hi Billehifi

I'm sure your phonograph is not a Pathé. It looks similar and the design shares the same general concept and maybe even shares some dimensions as the reproducer socket. I'm also following your restoration and I like very much your approach of how you are doing it.

BTW, I Nickel plated my first piece this last week end. I think you need to nickel plate all your pieces to prevent them from rusting again. It's a fairly easy process that can be done at home.

Regards,

Pedro Martínez
It is possible that you could write me a pm? How did you nickle plate your pieces at home?

phonodesbois
Victor II

Post by phonodesbois »

JerryVan wrote: I have a Model "A" style, but in a very simple box, finished in a green leatherette. No sign that I can see there having been a lid either. Have you seen such a model?
Hi, although I don't have this model, it rang a bell so we looked through our documentation and my wife did find something similar on Jean-Paul Agnard web site...
As the direct link to this page does not work, if you want to see it, go to http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=phonog ... tion%2Ehtm select other French machines then Girard and look at the very first one called “XX siècle”. It's difficult to see if it's a nickel plated machine or a black one.
Could you check if a salon mandrel fits on your machine?
Jeff

walser
Victor II

Post by walser »

Billehifi wrote:
walser wrote:Hi Billehifi

I'm sure your phonograph is not a Pathé. It looks similar and the design shares the same general concept and maybe even shares some dimensions as the reproducer socket. I'm also following your restoration and I like very much your approach of how you are doing it.

BTW, I Nickel plated my first piece this last week end. I think you need to nickel plate all your pieces to prevent them from rusting again. It's a fairly easy process that can be done at home.

Regards,

Pedro Martínez
It is possible that you could write me a pm? How did you nickle plate your pieces at home?
Hi,

I followed this very instructive thread: http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =7&t=27955

I sourced my nickel from ebay and I use titanium rods to attach the anodes because they don't contaminate the Nickel acetate solution.

Regards,

Pedro Martínez

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

phonodesbois wrote:
JerryVan wrote: I have a Model "A" style, but in a very simple box, finished in a green leatherette. No sign that I can see there having been a lid either. Have you seen such a model?
Hi, although I don't have this model, it rang a bell so we looked through our documentation and my wife did find something similar on Jean-Paul Agnard web site...
As the direct link to this page does not work, if you want to see it, go to http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=phonog ... tion%2Ehtm select other French machines then Girard and look at the very first one called “XX siècle”. It's difficult to see if it's a nickel plated machine or a black one.
Could you check if a salon mandrel fits on your machine?
Jeff

Jeff,

That's it! I don't believe a salon mandrel would fit on my machine. Interesting to see that there was a lid. As Jean-Paul mentions, there is no evidence of a latch for the lid, hence my thinking there never was one. Thanks!

walser
Victor II

Post by walser »

Here are my reproducer and recorder finished. I've nickel plated the connectors. It took me several attempts to end up with a finish that its neither too dull or too shiny in order to blend them to the rest of the pieces.
20180209_164745.jpg
If you want connectors please send me a message. I've found that the shank of the reproducers size vary slightly so I think that the best option is to send me the reproducer and I will return it with the connector fitted. I can make them also with an almost mirror like finish.

Regards,

Pedro Martínez