Pathé Coquet in need of lots of love

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
phonodesbois
Victor II

Re: Pathé Coquet in need of lots of love

Post by phonodesbois »

BRAVO!!!
walser wrote: Next challenge: the connectors of the reproducers.
Please let us know if you can make extra connectors!

Jeff

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Very nice work!

walser
Victor II

Post by walser »

phonodesbois wrote:BRAVO!!!
walser wrote: Next challenge: the connectors of the reproducers.
Please let us know if you can make extra connectors!

Jeff
Of course I can! I think I will do them in aluminium and maybe in brass if I finally buy a nickel plating kit.

I will need the diameter of the tube of the reproducer. I have 3 and all of them are slightly different.

Regards

Pedro Martínez

phonodesbois
Victor II

Post by phonodesbois »

walser wrote: I think I will do them in aluminium and maybe in brass if I finally buy a nickel plating kit.
I will need the diameter of the tube of the reproducer. I have 3 and all of them are slightly different.
Brass would be nicer as it can be nickeled later on. For the diameter, I found 12,67/12,68 mm. Does it make sense?

Jeff

walser
Victor II

Post by walser »

Hi Jeff,

Yes, thats the size of one of my reproducers. I've been unable to do much work this last week because I had a kitchen accident and badly hurt my left hand. I had the stitches removed yesterday but it still hurts like hell.

I hope to be well enough this weekend to do some more work.

I would like to know the length of the "connector" if somebody has one. I've seen ones that are very short (about 8 mm) and other ones really long (around 20 mm). If not, I can always can figure out more or less the length by trial and error with the phonograph.

Best regards,

Pedro

kraftwerknation63
Victor O

Post by kraftwerknation63 »

Très belle restauration. Comme on en voit peu aujourd'hui! Felicitation!

Nice restauration. We can't see everyday restauration like this! Thanks for the share!

PS: I make rubber connector for Pathé.
18120314_10211907486256147_1263005997_o.jpg
French 20 years old Phonograph collector!

walser
Victor II

Post by walser »

Merci beaucoup pour les felicitations. :-) En fait j'ai un de ces raccords en caoutchouc dans un autre phonographe mais j'ai remplacé la bague en métal pour une ancienne.

Thank you for your compliments. In fact, I have one of this rubber raccords in another phonograph but I replaced the metal ring and used and old one.

I'm going to reproduce this one:
b2583.jpg
b23962.jpg
b23962.jpg (30.81 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
I'm sure the last drawing showing the section is not accurate because you can see that the interior of the "connector" is totally straight and the side that connects to the phonograph must be 11 mm and the other side between 12,60 mm and 13,30 mm for the reproducers and around 12,80 mm for the recorders.

Regards,

Pedro Martínez

phonodesbois
Victor II

Post by phonodesbois »

walser wrote: I'm sure the last drawing showing the section is not accurate because you can see that the interior of the "connector" is totally straight and the side that connects to the phonograph must be 11 mm and the other side between 12,60 mm and 13,30 mm for the reproducers and around 12,80 mm for the recorders.
Although most of my reproducers and recorders need a 12,6/12,7mm connector, a few of them (both reproducers and recorders) would need a larger one (around 13.3mm)....
I measured 3 connectors, 1 is shorter than the 2 other ones and the other dimensions are slightly different.
Jeff
Attachments
connectors.jpg
DSC_0031.JPG

Kevan
Victor I
Personal Text: Over Hill And Dale.....and back again.

Post by Kevan »

Pedro

If you are making connectors for Pathé reproducers I'll take some too. They seem to always be missing on reproducers that are selling on ebay.

Kevan

walser
Victor II

Post by walser »

Sorry again for not posting lately with more updates. My left hand is better but I have this days way too much work. I'm also repairing a Dulcetto gramophone (Broken tone arm, motor needed several bushings to compensate wear...) for an antique dealer and that's stealing some precious hours (but I get paid for it!)

Regarding the connectors, to my surprise, after seen Jeff's pictures I guess that there are two types. One with a "swivelling sideways" internal ring that fits and other are rigid. I also guess that the ring is spherically shaped outside and tapered inside to conform to the phonograph connector. Maybe Jeff will be able to clarify it (Thanks in advance!)

My last guess is that rigid ones must be for the recorder and the swivelling ones for the reproducers.

In any case, I've ordered some brass stock that will arrive before the end of the year. I will also go to London somme days next week so stay tuned for updates but don't hold your breath!

Regards,

Pedro