H.M.V. WEATHER VANE.

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
old country chemist
Victor II

H.M.V. WEATHER VANE.

Post by old country chemist »

Hello again everyone. I was repainting my His Master's Voice weathervane recently, and I thought some of you would like to see it. The weathervane is made out of 3 ply, well varnished, and mounted on an angled plinth, which has a bolt through it, which extends into the top of the tube which holds the four arms. Fairly regularly, I have to get up on the ladder and use some lubricating oil to keep the rotor free. The outfit is mounted on the top of my gramophone room, which was built in 2016, out of wood, with very thick polystyrene blocks in between the walls and the roof.
I have just been catching up on the forum what has been put on recently. I certainly learn some new things whenever I look in.
Regarding a loud soundbox. Yes I agree with "epigramophone, that Meltropes are first class. I feel than the no3 is perhaps the loudest-that is what I have found out.but I will say that in the 1970s I had a "Gilbert" soundbox, with an aluminium diaphragm, and a frontal guard with with "Gilbert" marked on it, and it was one of the best I have ever heard, loud, and the bass was excellent.
Attachments
weather vane 084.JPG

Phonoboy
Victor II

Re: H.M.V. WEATHER VANE.

Post by Phonoboy »

Pretty cool.
This machine surrounds hate and forces it to surrender-Pete Seeger.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

You should see the HMV stained glass window which he has made. How about a picture, Alastair?

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Very creative! I like it. But there's not a great deal of wind here in our Willamette Valley in Oregon. I'd need to build a H.M.V. rain gauge. :D

Jerry Blais