The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: FOUND ! STOLEN RECENTLY IN LONDON EMG MARK 9 No 1553
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:24 am 
Offline
Victor IV
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 1236
Good news , the stolen EMG has been found !

A French dealer bought it at the Peterborough Antiques Fair 30th March and when he returned to France he realised from the Antiques Trades Gazette report that it had been stolen.

He has contacted the British police and is returning it the UK Police on Monday.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOUND ! STOLEN RECENTLY IN LONDON EMG MARK 9 No 1553
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:30 am 
Offline
Victor II
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:31 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Barnsley , England
soundgen wrote:
Good news , the stolen EMG has been found !

A French dealer bought it at the Peterborough Antiques Fair 30th March and when he returned to France he realised from the Antiques Trades Gazette report that it had been stolen.

He has contacted the British police and is returning it the UK Police on Monday.


Excellent news. Lets hope the thief gets some prison time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOUND ! STOLEN RECENTLY IN LONDON EMG MARK 9 No 1553
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:37 am 
Offline
Victor III
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:18 am
Posts: 805
Good news! it will be interesting to identify the thief. Certainly not a street pickpocket, few people today would be able even to identify what that strange thing is, much less know about its value and sell it at a specialized fair.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOUND ! STOLEN RECENTLY IN LONDON EMG MARK 9 No 1553
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:15 am 
Offline
Victor V
His epigrams are all his own, the man's an epigramophone!
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Posts: 2097
Location: The Somerset Levels, UK.
If the thief is caught, let the punishment fit the crime :evil: .
Sit him close to the horn and play the same record, perhaps one of those really annoying laughing songs, over and over again with an extra loud tone steel needle :lol: :lol: :lol: .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOUND ! STOLEN RECENTLY IN LONDON EMG MARK 9 No 1553
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:01 am 
Offline
Victor III
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:38 pm
Posts: 618
Location: United Kingdom
epigramophone wrote:
Sit him close to the horn and play the same record, perhaps one of those really annoying laughing songs, over and over again with an extra loud tone steel needle


How about Eamonn Andrews "Shifting Whispering Sands" That'd drive anyone barmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOUND ! STOLEN RECENTLY IN LONDON EMG MARK 9 No 1553
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:03 am 
Offline
Victor IV
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 1236
Antique Trade Gazette update

https://www.antiquestradegazette.com/ne ... in-london/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOUND ! STOLEN RECENTLY IN LONDON EMG MARK 9 No 1553
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:23 am 
Offline
Victor III
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:33 pm
Posts: 877
How about Johnnie Ray's record of "Cry"?That'd be a GREAT punishment being made to listen to it over and over using an EXTRA loud needle!! :twisted: :lol: edisonplayer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOUND ! STOLEN RECENTLY IN LONDON EMG MARK 9 No 1553
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
Victor IV
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 1908
Location: Harrison Township, MI
Phono48 wrote:
epigramophone wrote:
Sit him close to the horn and play the same record, perhaps one of those really annoying laughing songs, over and over again with an extra loud tone steel needle


How about Eamonn Andrews "Shifting Whispering Sands" That'd drive anyone barmy!



Better yet, the Scandinavian version! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUmGiFVjm1g

Or, the ultimate favorite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S8OsJOP4Bw


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOUND ! STOLEN RECENTLY IN LONDON EMG MARK 9 No 1553
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:03 am 
Offline
Victor Monarch Special
Stop for a visit when in Oregon.
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:25 pm
Posts: 5461
Location: Albany, Oregon
The return is certainly good news and something I did not expect to read. Jerry Blais


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FOUND ! STOLEN RECENTLY IN LONDON EMG MARK 9 No 1553
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline
Victor IV
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 1236
Jerry B. wrote:
The return is certainly good news and something I did not expect to read. Jerry Blais



Yes it is , and it goes to show how good pictures / information on a stolen item can lead to its return , so everyone should keep good photographic records of their collections and any identifying serial numbers or marks , and also good honest dealers !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.