Please can you id my gramophone and sound box ?

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
poodling around
Victor V

Re: Please can you id my gramophone and sound box ?

Post by poodling around »

burke wrote:
poodling around wrote:
epigramophone wrote:The speed control is a Paillard, so when you are able to remove the motor board you should find a Paillard motor.

Well, Here is the motor.

Is this a Paillard I wonder ?
The spring barrels look like those I found in a Thorens motor in a "Savoy" off brand table top I fixed up for a friend. It also looks like you have a fiber gear in good shape! If you look at my posts lately you'll see me yammering on about my Paillard fiber gear :) ... lucky! Don't oil it. I've learned from endless searching that destroys them.
Here is a guess about the mystery object ... could it be to actually help lift the motor board?
20170408_164115.jpg

Thanks for the advice.

That is a very interesting guess / idea re: the metal object - I think you are right ! Brilliant !

poodling around
Victor V

Sidewinder wrote:Hi

Wonder no more.....Thorens as well just for reference.

The soundbox was king of a generic copy of the Exhibition & is found blank as well as with lots of different names such as Saturn, Exploitation....and even one in expectation of Halleys Comet that made a pass in 1910

Thank you ! Very interesting indeed !

Could you make a guess as to the age of the gramophone please I wonder ?

Jwb88
Victor II

Post by Jwb88 »

I know this thread is months old, but I was searching the boards for something, stumbled upon it, and recognized the mystery part. It's a tension plate thingamabob from a sewing machine. I don't know much about sewing machines but the one I have (pictured) is a hand cranked ¾ size Singer machine made in Scotland, 1910.

Not too much help towards the gramophone, but at least you can be assured that it doesn't belong with the machine.
Attachments
sewingmachine.jpg

poodling around
Victor V

Jwb88 wrote:I know this thread is months old, but I was searching the boards for something, stumbled upon it, and recognized the mystery part. It's a tension plate thingamabob from a sewing machine. I don't know much about sewing machines but the one I have (pictured) is a hand cranked ¾ size Singer machine made in Scotland, 1910.

Not too much help towards the gramophone, but at least you can be assured that it doesn't belong with the machine.

Wow ! That is amazing and conclusive ! Thank you very much Jwb88 - I must say that I would like an old sewing machine and must start looking.