3d printed parts

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Re: 3d printed parts

Post by need4art »

Hi All, The metal parts can be done as easily as ABS with the right machines-like the one I am waiting for them to get in now. The de-lamination problem that was spoken of before has basically been eliminated by the better machines, though there are $200 machines out there that might still have that problem. As soon as that machine comes in I will look at producing both a metal and hybrid system for the 10-50 machine.

I have never seen (yes I know) the gutta... part that you are talking about and what does that material do in the making of the part.

Once a file, and we would need to have the part to do that with a laser unit that takes it measurements, is made it becomes a matter of finding out if the material that you are looking for exits for them to use to create the item. Most common plastics and metals including titanium are available to them but the material is set up to be used by a 3-D printer. Not all materials are.

If you have what you are trying toi get made shot me a picture and i will see what they can do.

Abe

mattrx
Victor IV

Post by mattrx »

Curt A wrote:Fiber gears might be an option, depending on how durable the plastic filament is and whether they would stand up to normal wear...
I need a fibre gear for an Excelda phono specifically and would think this would be a small (hopefully easy) part to start with.

Matt

tinovanderzwan
Victor II

Post by tinovanderzwan »

Curt A wrote:As far as reproducers are concerned, how about printing the gutta percha reproducers - Columbia, Pathé, etc., since it's almost impossible to find an original if you need one.

rarity is a problem because we do need an original example to scan
so if there are ones among you who have broken but complete examples of said reproducers I would appreciate it if you could send it over for us to experiment with
if everything works out fine then reproducer parts like these can go on sale for about 20 euro's
gutta.jpg
gutta.jpg (17.13 KiB) Viewed 848 times
reproduction-pathe-cylinder_360_a9547e4674ecbd0f93ef716d3782d991.jpg
reproduction-pathe-cylinder_360_a9547e4674ecbd0f93ef716d3782d991.jpg (18.06 KiB) Viewed 848 times
464484597_3_644x461_pathe-reproducer-glowica-glowka-gramofon-patefon-kolekcje.jpg
464484597_3_644x461_pathe-reproducer-glowica-glowka-gramofon-patefon-kolekcje.jpg (24.54 KiB) Viewed 848 times
tino