What is this German gramophone..thing?

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture

Garret
Victor IV

Re: What is this German gramophone..thing?

Post by Garret »

For the record, this turned out to be a genuine, and rare, piece. :shock: Someone was kind enough to show the original catalog picture to me.

See: https://grammophon-platten.de/e107_plug ... 44434.last

Garret

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

Garret wrote:For the record, this turned out to be a genuine, and rare, piece. :shock: Someone was kind enough to show the original catalog picture to me.

See: https://grammophon-platten.de/e107_plug ... 44434.last

Garret
Thanks for posting the link, that confirms my statement.

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

that's great , the case is original BUT it has had its legs chopped off and there is still a problem with winding the motor how is that done ? the Vendor has no idea and why would they have put a transfer on the motor board which couldn't be seen ? Still probably a marriage of the case with a different motor
Attachments
adg1.jpg
adg.jpg

andyjon100
Victor I

Post by andyjon100 »

I can see where the crank goes into the machine for sale - it's just not clear from the downward angle of the picture. There apparently should be a door or some kind of panel hiding those side shelves, as can be seen in the catalog picture. It also shows the crank entering the cabinet at the top of the door, right at the upper molding. Notice in the picture of the one for sale that there is a notch in the underside of that molding exactly where the crank is shown in the ad, slightly forward of center. You can see the crank escutcheon was on that missing door / panel . It's possible the motor board was put in 90 degrees off, hastily set in for pictures, by someone (the seller) that doesn't know the proper orientation....