Identify European gramophone

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
chunnybh
Victor III
Personal Text: "If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink." Vivian Stanshall

Identify European gramophone

Post by chunnybh »

I am sure I have seen something like this gramophone in the European section before. I just can't seem to find it.
Any info appreciated. The motor is huge and ridiculously heavy.
Attachments
IMG_6418.jpg
IMG_6419.jpg
IMG_6420.jpg
IMG_6421.jpg
IMG_6427.jpg

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Re: Identify European gramophone

Post by estott »

Palliard motor, I believe

Are there mounting holes for the arm and horn? I ask only because there were some of these made as store window display platforms to turn very slowly through the day & show items like jewelry.

chunnybh
Victor III
Personal Text: "If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink." Vivian Stanshall

Post by chunnybh »

It does have holes for a back bracket

jamiegramo
Victor III

Post by jamiegramo »

I have a feeling I have seen something like this illustrated recently. I'm in Malta at the moment so can't look through my catologue stuff. There are 2 members on here that have proved brilliant at identifying some european machines, 'jaso' and 'tinovanderzwan'. The later has collected many thousands of photos. Hopefully they will get to see this post.

Jamie

Dulcetto
Victor II

Post by Dulcetto »

Hello , a few years ago I had a virtually identical model , obviously a variant from the same manufacturer , as the case was the same albeit with an ebonized finish, and I seem to remember the inset relief panels were somewhat different . However , the motor , automatic brake arrangement, speed indicator was all the same -- the small decal on the top of the motor board was still legible on my example -- EWC , for the Excelsior Werke , Coeln ( Germany ) whose cylinder phonograph models are well known but their disc models less so. Regards Dulcetto