Anyone ever hear of a Triumphon Portable?

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
pellicano1
Victor II
Personal Text: The Phonograph Stop

Re: Anyone ever hear of a Triumphon Portable?

Post by pellicano1 »

Curt A wrote:
VanEpsFan1914 wrote:I missed it too...family was saying the rosary. No sweat. Record players run second to religion...

(Which proves how important they really are! :D )
You missed it and it went for $27.88? How does that happen? Since you claimed "dibs", I passed on it, but would have bid $100 and skipped the rosary...
It just so happen I was searching this site for crank handles and came upon this Topic. I was the winner of this phonograph. I just posted a WANTED topic for the handle lol.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Very good job! (Finally got out of the living room at 9:03, family wanted to BS after prayers about work and more useless junk, and I was entirely unable to put the rather high bids on it which I intended. Life happens.)

Glad it went to a Forum collector!

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:Very good job! (Finally got out of the living room at 9:03, family wanted to BS after prayers about work and more useless junk, and I was entirely unable to put the rather high bids on it which I intended. Life happens.)

Thanks! And honest truth, I found it on my own. I wouldnt try and outbid ya on purpose lol. Now to find the crank handle. I have a friend who has this same phono and gave me the measurements! Let the hunt begin!!
Thomas A. Edison

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

pellicano1 wrote:
VanEpsFan1914 wrote:Very good job! (Finally got out of the living room at 9:03, family wanted to BS after prayers about work and more useless junk, and I was entirely unable to put the rather high bids on it which I intended. Life happens.)

Thanks! And honest truth, I found it on my own. I wouldnt try and outbid ya on purpose lol. Now to find the crank handle. I have a friend who has this same phono and gave me the measurements! Let the hunt begin!!
Hell, I wouldn't "try", either. I'd DO it. :twisted: ;)
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

gramophone-georg wrote:
pellicano1 wrote:

Hell, I wouldn't "try", either. I'd DO it. :twisted: ;)
Hey now be nice haha! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thomas A. Edison

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Competition is competition! :D

I'm TELLING you check inside it for that crank when it gets here. I found half a Brunswick tonearm in a Brunswick missing half its tonearm, and a crank in a 2-65 that was missing a crank, and a notepad and a Stevie Wonder 45 in a Victrola upright that really didn't need a notepad or a 45 record anyway.

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:Competition is competition! :D

I'm TELLING you check inside it for that crank when it gets here. I found half a Brunswick tonearm in a Brunswick missing half its tonearm, and a crank in a 2-65 that was missing a crank, and a notepad and a Stevie Wonder 45 in a Victrola upright that really didn't need a notepad or a 45 record anyway.
I will definitely check! Here's hoping!! Would save me a lot of time from hunting one down! Thanks!
Thomas A. Edison

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

Well they had the crank handle the whole time! I have it 99% completely restored! BUT...governor spring was broken! So I am awaiting a new set of springs and bam she will be done! Thanks for the info!!
Attachments
IMG_20181123_163900686.jpg
IMG_20181123_163827753.jpg
Thomas A. Edison

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Post by Mormon S »

pellicano1 wrote:

Well they had the crank handle the whole time! I have it 99% completely restored! BUT...governor spring was broken! So I am awaiting a new set of springs and bam she will be done! Thanks for the info!!
How lucky! How did restoring the damaged wood on the front go?

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Hoped you'd find it in there!

I bet the broken governor is why it's in such nice shape. It probably conked out and they just stored it. This thing ought to run fine.

Are you going to rebuild the reproducer?