Henry Seymour Catalogue

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
zapper
Victor II

Re: Henry Seymour Catalogue

Post by zapper »

Hi. I keep getting this message when I try opening images. HELP.
Information
The selected attachment does not exist anymore.
Regards Zapper

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

zapper wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:04 am Hi. I keep getting this message when I try opening images. HELP.
Information
The selected attachment does not exist anymore.
Regards Zapper
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=54291
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=52726
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

In the meantime, here's a PDF version of the Henry Seymour Catalogue featuring the Superphone I found online --
Henry-Seymour-Catalogue.pdf
(921.29 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
I'm not sure if the original images were culled from this particular catalogue, but there's a lot of information.

OrthoFan

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

OrthoFan wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:10 am In the meantime, here's a PDF version of the Henry Seymour Catalogue featuring the Superphone I found online --

I'm not sure if the original images were culled from this particular catalogue, but there's a lot of information.

OrthoFan
That is indeed the same catalogue with which I started this thread, scanning it from my own hard copy.

condenser
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Gramophone collector

Post by condenser »

epigramophone wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:37 am
condenser wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:32 am Is there any chance of putting the Seymour catalogue back on? I would love to see it. I have a Seymour Superphone.
It will take me a little time to find and scan it again, but if you are an APS member it can be viewed on their website.
Meanwhile I am sure that we would all like to see pictures of your Seymour Superphone.

Roger.
Thank you Roger - if it is the same as the one emgcr posted obviously there is no need! Emgcr has pictures of my machine and one is posted online under the auspices of Gramophone Museum (not me!).

Can put up some more up shortly.

David

condenser
Victor Jr

Post by condenser »

emgcr wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:06 am I am not sure if this might be the catalogue referred to but, if not, may still be of interest ? Sorry it is back-to-front !
I see that the horn illustrated is 16" at the flare and 20" long. The one on our machine is 20" diameter and 24" long. Presumably Henry decided to make a larger version, or it is not original! Not sure what the material is, but could well be Ebonite. When I was an apprentice at GEC in Coventry in the late 1950s there was still an Ebonite works in operation - they made telephone cases from it. Stank to high heaven!

David

condenser
Victor Jr

Post by condenser »

OrthoFan wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:10 am In the meantime, here's a PDF version of the Henry Seymour Catalogue featuring the Superphone I found online --

OrthoFan
Thank you! Have downloaded it. Very interesting.

David