My new Expert Junior

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

Re: My new Expert Junior

Post by kirtley2012 »

Damfino59 wrote:Alex that is one beautiful Expert. The oak cabinet has such wonderful grain patterns. It looks to have been well cared for.

The video illustrates what wonderful audio those paper mache horns can produced. Now you’ll have the joy of acquiring more records, experimenting with sound boxes and fiber needles.

I also noticed some brown wax cylinders resting on what looks to be a Thorens TD 160 turntable? I recently rescued one from getting tossed out. Now I’ve another project with a record player.

Regards,
Glenn
It is an aesthetically pleasing machine being very light in colour, it's less imposing on a room

Some records sound brilliant on it! I've been using a meltrope 3 on it which sounds brilliant, going to make a counterweight for the 4 spring
All I've been using on it are my bamboo fiber needles, I keep meaning to get some more steel and thorns

Very eagle eyed, the brown wax are just modern recording blanks, those ones are cracked so will be melted back down, but yes it's a TD 160,excellent turntable!, I paid a bit for mine but it sounds brilliant