ELECTRAPHONE SWISS MANUFACTURE BREVET D21180

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
Aussie54
Victor Jr

ELECTRAPHONE SWISS MANUFACTURE BREVET D21180

Post by Aussie54 »

HI All. Its not often I am stumped to find something/anything/photos/info etc on a piece of equipment or company that made it. What I have is (I think) a very early electric powered gramophone motor assembly using what appears to be an integrated electric motor and mechanical motor. I know it to be Swiss Manufactured (Haha I can read!). But, Thats All ! The writing stamped on the mechanical motor is Brevet D2118 (Most likely a Swiss Patent number) and the other side shows ELECTRAPHONE SWISS MANUFACTURE. I intend to clean it all up and get it working. Oh, and there is no spring barrel. The governor is spun directly via a small pully which is driven by a white rubber round belt connected to a larger pully on the electric motor. The voltage to the motor is varied via the large black coil. Basically its a large potentiometer. Does anyone know anything more about this little gem? Age? Perceived value? Is it a rare find? Cheers.
Attachments
20190119_171238.jpg
20190119_171211.jpg
20190117_190246.jpg
20190117_190223.jpg

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: ELECTRAPHONE SWISS MANUFACTURE BREVET D21180

Post by Curt A »

Interesting...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife