Colibri Governor Gear and Soundbox wanted

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
flying500
Victor O

Colibri Governor Gear and Soundbox wanted

Post by flying500 »

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement helical governor gear or a compatible part from another machine?
Also did the produce their own motors and parts or are there Thorens or similar parts used?

soundgen
Victor V

Re: Colibri Governor Gear and Soundbox wanted

Post by soundgen »

flying500 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find a replacement helical governor gear or a compatible part from another machine?
Also did the produce their own motors and parts or are there Thorens or similar parts used?
Unfortunately I think you need to find another Colibri

Marco Gilardetti
Victor IV
Personal Text: F. Depero, "Grammofono", 1923.

Post by Marco Gilardetti »

I don't even get if you need the wormgear of the governor, or the the partly brass and partly fiber gear on which it engages.

There is a sir who sells some replica fiber gears but it seems I didn't save his website among my "favourites" - it shouldn't be too difficult to locate by using the "search" funcion of this forum as of course I've read about him over here. Quite obviously those gears don't belong to such a niche machine like the Colibri, but it's worth asking if they are compatible by sending measurements, and also - since this man has the machinery to craft them - to inquire if he would make a replica for the Colibri at an adequate price.

flying500
Victor O

Post by flying500 »

Marco Gilardetti wrote:I don't even get if you need the wormgear of the governor, or the the partly brass and partly fiber gear on which it engages.

There is a sir who sells some replica fiber gears but it seems I didn't save his website among my "favourites" - it shouldn't be too difficult to locate by using the "search" funcion of this forum as of course I've read about him over here. Quite obviously those gears don't belong to such a niche machine like the Colibri, but it's worth asking if they are compatible by sending measurements, and also - since this man has the machinery to craft them - to inquire if he would make a replica for the Colibri at an adequate price.
Thank you I will try a search.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

I think he goes by Walzer on here.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek