Horn Models - Genuine or Frankophones?

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
SPOONMAN19
Victor O

Re: Horn Models - Genuine or Frankophones?

Post by SPOONMAN19 »

soundgen wrote:At 144,000 Pakistan Rupees about £790 the HMV is rather expensive I think
Yup.
And then add shipping...at that budget, every crapophone dealer in India will rummage around the countryside, find a genuine machine, NOT break it up and personally deliver it to you!!!

The primaphones are even cheaper. Though I mistakenly thought primaphones = crapophones. As in I foolishly thought it was a made up trademark. Good to be educated on this.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: Horn Models - Genuine or Frankophones?

Post by epigramophone »

SPOONMAN19 wrote:
soundgen wrote:At 144,000 Pakistan Rupees about £790 the HMV is rather expensive I think
Yup.
And then add shipping...at that budget, every crapophone dealer in India will rummage around the countryside, find a genuine machine, NOT break it up and personally deliver it to you!!!

The primaphones are even cheaper. Though I mistakenly thought primaphones = crapophones. As in I foolishly thought it was a made up trademark. Good to be educated on this.
If this Primaphone was a crapophone, the makers would hardly have put a "Bombay" transfer on it.

Now a word to the wise. The book "His Master's Gramophone" is protected by copyright, and no-one should be posting material from it without the permission of the authors, at least one of whom is a member of this forum. I would not want to see any member inadvertently getting into trouble for infringement of copyright.
Attachments
Primaphone.png
Primaphone.png (764.53 KiB) Viewed 479 times