Kastenpuck from International Phono Co on Noedison.com

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
noedison
Victor Jr

Kastenpuck from International Phono Co on Noedison.com

Post by noedison »

Kastenpuck - in case you do not know - is essentially a Puck phonograph, but in a case (Kasten=case in German). This one from International Phono Co in BERLIN is a bit of an oddity due to its unusual design, and info on the company itself seems to be scarece!

http://www.noedison.com/IPCB.shtml

Starkton
Victor IV

Re: Kastenpuck from International Phono Co on Noedison.com

Post by Starkton »

Can you tell me the number which is embossed on the brake lever. I doubt very much that it is a patent number, but rather a registered design ("D.R.G.M.") number.

By the way, who is behind "Noedison.com"? I tried to find out on your website but to no avail. You seem to be French(?) phonograph dealers. Do you have connections with "La Phonogalerie"?

noedison
Victor Jr

Post by noedison »

Hello, I'll have a look at the number, its not prefixed with DRGM, but Rd or R.d. (Registered?) - which is probably for an English speaking market

To your other question
;)
No, Not French
Not Dealer
Not Phonogallery

noedison
Victor Jr

Post by noedison »

Hello

here it is. If you have more details, that would be a huge help

many thanks
Attachments
ipcb-lev1.jpg
ipcb-lev1.jpg (70.98 KiB) Viewed 4508 times

Starkton
Victor IV

Post by Starkton »

noedison wrote: To your other question
;)
No, Not French
Not Dealer
Not Phonogallery
Why this secretiveness? It is unpleasant to confer with anonymized people.

You seem to have good reasons (which one?) to allocate the "Puck" to the International Phono Co. of Berlin, however this Co. (as far as I can see) had never registered a design for a brake lever.

After my guess this is a British model, hence the UK registered design number.

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

Secretive is right????. When I emailed them to offer some info there was no reply. I won't be supplying anything to that site "noedison" :roll:.

noedison
Victor Jr

Post by noedison »

Starkton wrote:
noedison wrote: To your other question
;)
No, Not French
Not Dealer
Not Phonogallery
Why this secretiveness? It is unpleasant to confer with anonymized people.

You seem to have good reasons (which one?) to allocate the "Puck" to the International Phono Co. of Berlin, however this Co. (as far as I can see) had never registered a design for a brake lever.

After my guess this is a British model, hence the UK registered design number.
To your 2 issues
1. Its about the phonographs, not about me. You are also just a username on the site, and that does not disturb me?

2. Would a German company also not have to protect their design in each country where they sold their machines? I do not think that the Deutsches Reichspatent would give protection outside Germany?

Attributing this Kastenpuck to IPG was based on some design elements similar to another machine that is IPG as well as pictures from Phonographische Zeitschrift, though the drawings there are not always 100% accurate.

If you find more precise data, that would be great. Many thanks.

noedison
Victor Jr

Post by noedison »

gramophone78 wrote:Secretive is right????. When I emailed them to offer some info there was no reply. I won't be supplying anything to that site "noedison" :roll:.
Wayne,

I check this mailbox at most 1x per week, sometimes only 1x every 2 weeks, so a mail 4 days ago...?
95% of the mails are 1 of 2 question
1.) is your site only cylinder phonographs because I can send you a photo of a disc phonograph?
2.) I tried to click on xy phonograph on your list & nothing happened

I 'm sure that I have seen a pic of your fantastic 206, and if you want to make a website of Paillard / Maestrophone disc machines, I would be happy to help, but for the moment noedison is just cylinder machines.
Attachments
welc.jpg
welc.jpg (49.18 KiB) Viewed 4432 times

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

Well,I think you just answered my question "Wayne".You have my name and I'm sure there is not one person on here who would have a problem with anyone knowing their names either.I understand it is being done about the machines.However,I just don't see the need for the "cloak & dagger" aproach.However,each to their own.I tried to help and was unaware you are only collecting "cylinder" machine data. Good luck. :)
Last edited by gramophone78 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Starkton
Victor IV

Post by Starkton »

noedison wrote: 2. Would a German company also not have to protect their design in each country where they sold their machines? I do not think that the Deutsches Reichspatent would give protection outside Germany?
I could follow your argument if the International Phono Co. had also registered a brake lever in Germany, which had not been the case. Perhaps someone could check the British design number.