Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
anchorman
Victor II

Re: Newly Made EMGinn Expert Type Soundbox

Post by anchorman »

Watanabehi wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:12 am
Watanabehi wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:12 pm
JerryVan wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:09 pm

What is the price tag? I have not seen one mentioned.
It is 349 GBP on ebay "Buy It Now".
I bought it with some discount. It is on its way to the US.
I am curious how he attaches the meltrope type mount to it. When it arrives, can you tell us if the entire back is machined from one piece, or if he is silver soldering/brazing the meltrope mounting collar to an existing exhibition back? I asked him on YouTube and got no response. He did say that some of the parts on the originals were modified/converted by EMG/Expert from exhibition parts.

Watanabehi
Victor II

Post by Watanabehi »

anchorman wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:49 pm Do you have an original to compare it to?
Yes, I have three original Expert soundboxes.

Watanabehi
Victor II

Post by Watanabehi »

anchorman wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:53 pm
I am curious how he attaches the meltrope type mount to it. When it arrives, can you tell us if the entire back is machined from one piece, or if he is silver soldering/brazing the meltrope mounting collar to an existing exhibition back? I asked him on YouTube and got no response. He did say that some of the parts on the originals were modified/converted by EMG/Expert from exhibition parts.
I will compare it with the originals and post the differences between them.

leels1
Victor I

Post by leels1 »

anchorman wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:53 pm
I’d be interested to see that too. I believe that’s correct re EMG and in the early days they modified Exhibition soundboxes. I’ve never seen one but would be good to know how they did it/ how it’s done today.
Some of the ones I’ve seen him sell look to have Exhibition backs with the number stamped on. The join to the Wright back is nigh on invisible though.