Replacement 102 Red Felt for record tray? (or source for original)

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
EdgarFB
Victor O

Replacement 102 Red Felt for record tray? (or source for original)

Post by EdgarFB »

Hi all,

My main machine, in daily use is my lovely red 1939 102... I know it may be a year that didn't get the tray due to war shortages, but I really want it to have one! I acutally have one with perfect chrome, but the felt is almost entirely missing, and the bits left are rotten brown! So I'd like to rescue this tray for the red 102.

Has anyone found a good match for the red felt used on the turntables and trays? It needs to match the turntable.

Or... does anyone have a donor red turntable available as there's enough felt on one for a tray? (maybe one with good felt but knackered chrome??)... or does anyone just have a red tray they want to move on??!

I'm a square foot of red felt away from my dream gramophone 😂
Last edited by EdgarFB on Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

An Balores
Victor I

Re: Replacement 102 Red Felt for record tray? (or source for original)

Post by An Balores »

Sorry, I can't help with your request, just to say that my 102 is also a 1939 model (blue) but does have its record tray, so yours might have just lost it at some point rather than its absence being to do with war shortages?

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

This topic has been discussed here :

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=41525&p=245224&hil ... lt#p245224

EdgarFB
Victor O

Post by EdgarFB »

An Balores wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:06 am Sorry, I can't help with your request, just to say that my 102 is also a 1939 model (blue) but does have its record tray, so yours might have just lost it at some point rather than its absence being to do with war shortages?
Possibly, I don't know when they stopped them. Certainly for part of the war they came with a card explaining the tray was no longer provided. But the war didn't start until September!
epigramophone wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:22 am This topic has been discussed here :

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=41525&p=245224&hil ... lt#p245224
Thats great. I've actually got 3m spray mount already! Did you find a specific match for the 102 dark red?