Victor IV

Re: Another L door to be saved

Post by Garret »

If anyone can save this, it's Zeppy.

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

Garret wrote:If anyone can save this, it's Zeppy.
Thanks Garret....certainly would be an easier task than the oak VTLA....which I still haven't found a spot for in the house (need a bigger house).

My motivation for making an offer on this is just to make sure it doesn't get parted out....and it doesn't even look that bad. A couple of weekennds over the winter, should about do it, and then I'm sure I'll just gift it to someone (or sell to cover my costs).

tomwil
Victor I

Post by tomwil »

Zeppy wrote:
My motivation for making an offer on this is just to make sure it doesn't get parted out....and it doesn't even look that bad.
Looks like the offers were just ignored by the seller.

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

tomwil wrote:
Zeppy wrote:
My motivation for making an offer on this is just to make sure it doesn't get parted out....and it doesn't even look that bad.
Looks like the offers were just ignored by the seller.
Yup. Made two offers, and the seller never countered or responded on either. Not that the original price was outrageous, just for my purposes, wasn't right. Too bad.

PHONOMIKE
Victor III

Post by PHONOMIKE »

Relisted. Not mine but would be if I lived closer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UPRIGHT-VICTOR- ... 234302bee8

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

Saw that....considering he never even countered my offers, I really don't think I'll be wasting my time with him again. What's the point of putting a "make an offer" option, if you have no intention of responding, at least to say, "heck no!"?

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Why make an offer? For the price and good features it has, pay the asking price. You are paying less than half of what it's worth. If this was in the Seattle area, I'll pay the asking price and get it.
Harvey

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

Value is what someone is willing to pay. For me, a person who has an oak VTLA I finished restoring 2 years ago sitting in my basement because I haven't found a spot for it, and a VV-XII on the workshop bench I'm currently restoring and a Vic-6 that I'm trying to piece back together, this is a machine that has zero chance of finding its way into my actual home (I don't have room to create a Victrola museum in my home). I'd be working on it to save it from being parted, and probably end up giving it away to a friend or selling it at a yard sale just to get it out of my house once it's been fixed up. It's just not something I really need or have to have, so its value to me is pretty limited. So while in an objective sense, it is worth the asking price, to me, it isn't. And if you're not going to entertain offers, or even to take the time to counter or deny them, you don't put a "best offer" option on your auction, just a buy it now.