looking for first machine

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: looking for first machine

Post by OrthoSean »

I probably have some donor copies of "I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen" you could try with....

But seriously, I'm a pretty serious collector, most anyone should know that. I've been involved in audio preservation and restoration for more than 20 years. I would never subject anything remotely desirable to the slightest damage, including my near complete run of 52000s, the majority of which were found in unplayed / unsold stock many years ago. I've tried many methods on DDs for cleaning and Windex really does work best. I wouldn't subject any DD edge or center to any kind of moisture, any time Windex ever got near either with me, I've simply dried it, end of story and never an issue. It's basic common sense.

Sean

Benjamin_L
Victor III
Personal Text: Honk, honk.

Post by Benjamin_L »

OrthoSean wrote:I probably have some donor copies of "I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen" you could try with....

But seriously, I'm a pretty serious collector, most anyone should know that. I've been involved in audio preservation and restoration for more than 20 years. I would never subject anything remotely desirable to the slightest damage, including my near complete run of 52000s, the majority of which were found in unplayed / unsold stock many years ago. I've tried many methods on DDs for cleaning and Windex really does work best. I wouldn't subject any DD edge or center to any kind of moisture, any time Windex ever got near either with me, I've simply dried it, end of story and never an issue. It's basic common sense.

Sean
Hear, hear!

djacobsen1
Victor Jr

Post by djacobsen1 »

I finally for around to cleaning the phonograph today.
Attachments
20190227_222121.jpg
20190227_222101.jpg
20190227_222053.jpg
20190227_222043.jpg