19,000 Edison Diamond Discs

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
endlessvaluables
Victor Jr

19,000 Edison Diamond Discs

Post by endlessvaluables »

Hey all, new member here.

I'm with the Utah Festival Opera Company, located in Logan, UT. As part of our efforts to raise # for our company and continue to be able to keep producing high quality theatre, we have recently begun liquidating some assets of ours. We are about to begin selling off our collection of Edison Diamond Discs. This collection was donated to us by Brigham Young University a few years back. We have approximately 19,000 Edison Diamond Discs we will be selling off over the coming months. We have a photocopy of the entire list that we can email to interested buyers. We will sell individual records, or groups of records, or the entire lot if we can find a buyer. We can ship as well, either via Media Mail, or Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping.

Feel free to contact us at ufomtsales@gmail.com or reply to this post.

We also have a box of Edison discs on ebay currently, here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200926311111?ss ... 1555.l2649

We also have thousands of 78 records, and a few hundred 33 records as well, for those interested.

If anyone out there has any idea on the best way to sell off all these records, any advice would be appreciated, as our knowledge of Edison Diamond Discs is fairly limited. Thank you in advance

Thanks for looking! :D

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: 19,000 Edison Diamond Discs

Post by marcapra »

I guess since these records came from the university, they were given them at some point, as who would order 125 copies of the same record. Do you know how the university came by so many of these DD's? Maybe the Edison jobbers dumped their unsold inventories on them in 1930?

endlessvaluables
Victor Jr

Post by endlessvaluables »

marcapra wrote:I guess since these records came from the university, they were given them at some point, as who would order 125 copies of the same record. Do you know how the university came by so many of these DD's? Maybe the Edison jobbers dumped their unsold inventories on them in 1930?

I am not sure how the University came by all these records. We have had them for several years now :-)

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Did anyone here ever complete an order from this guy? I got the list, sent off requests, and was told, months ago that they were almost ready to ship. Since then, nothing. I'm not out money or anything, just interested in buying.

Did any of you actually get any disks from him?

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

I go through Utah on my way to Union if that helps. Jerry Blais

Garret
Victor IV

Post by Garret »

I spent hours going through the list, sent my "wants", and heard nothing back. Four - five follow-up emails and never heard anything.

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

Same for me! I just wonder if this guy is real!
Abe

XCaptBill
Victor I

Post by XCaptBill »

I got the same results. After several correspondences, I gave up.

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Post by Victrolacollector »

I also put in a bid on them back in May, and wrote to or three times without an answer. Maybe they are trying to find out values on the records?

ImperialGuardsman
Victor II
Personal Text: Nothing like blaring Caruso out of your college dorm window...

Post by ImperialGuardsman »

I also sent in my wants a while ago, and had a bit of back an forth and then everything stopped in or before July. I have yet to hear back now. The last email I got from him, which was durring the summer, stated that they were about ready to start shipping on Friday of that week. That was some time ago of course. Do you think something may have happened to this man? It seems odd to compile a detailed list, offer things for sale, take orders, be just about ready to ship, and then silence.
ImperialGuardsman

OTAPS (Oregon Territory Antique Phonograph Society) Member

~Also a member of Suscipe Domine and The High Road forums~