musical treasures of miami

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
soundgen
Victor VI

musical treasures of miami

Post by soundgen »

Nice machines but how come they look so good ? Must be unbelievable restoration !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _714wt_958

But they do sell sometimes !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/csc/musicaltreasu ... te=1&rt=nc

gramophone78
Victor VI

Re: musical treasures of miami

Post by gramophone78 »

Why don't you contact him and ask??. He is also a member of this forum. If you do a search.....you can find lots about his listings (past/present). Very high end items and lots of them.

soundgen
Victor VI

Post by soundgen »

Thanks for your reply . I don't know the seller I was just interested in the Pathé machine , still be interested in any comments !

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

I have a few:

1. I don't bite. Feel free to ask questions on or off-eBay. You'll get the straight information, additional pictures, and other details that eBay sometimes prohibits me to disclose.

2. I rarely get involved in phonograph restoration, the machines shown on eBay and on my website are usually as-found. But as a rule I seek out the nicest, most beautiful examples, as many of my customers are not necessarily interested in strict originality.

3. Phonographs that do need repairs are always sent out to the top restorers in the business, and always offered for sale in perfect working order. I would rather take a loss on something and sell it to a happy customer than to sell a problematic item that will be a poor representation of my standards.

4. 95% of my business is off-eBay, which I use as a cheap advertising medium. If you wish to discuss a particular machine, or potential purchase, there are numerous direct email links on my website: www.musicaltreasuresofmiami.com

cheers,

Raphael

soundgen
Victor VI

Post by soundgen »

[quote="raphael"]I have a few:

1. I don't bite. Feel free to ask questions on or off-eBay. You'll get the straight information, additional pictures, and other details that eBay sometimes prohibits me to disclose.

2. I rarely get involved in phonograph restoration, the machines shown on eBay and on my website are usually as-found. But as a rule I seek out the nicest, most beautiful examples, as many of my customers are not necessarily interested in strict originality.

3. Phonographs that do need repairs are always sent out to the top restorers in the business, and always offered for sale in perfect working order. I would rather take a loss on something and sell it to a happy customer than to sell a problematic item that will be a poor representation of my standards.

4. 95% of my business is off-eBay, which I use as a cheap advertising medium. If you wish to discuss a particular machine, or potential purchase, there are numerous direct email links on my website: http://www.musicaltreasuresofmiami.com

cheers,

Raphael[/quote

Brilliant ! Thanks for your reply !

Hailey
Victor III

Post by Hailey »

I have conversed with this gentleman several times. Have never consumated a deal...yet!
I venture to say that Raphael could easily give instructions to many others on how to represent their items and then stand behind them.
He is truly the "real deal".

VintageTechnologies
Victor IV

Post by VintageTechnologies »

Raphael, I have a question for you: what kind of motor does the No.12 have? All the Pathé models that I have seen, even fancy ones, have a small motor a with single spring that is sometimes underpowered for playing 14" records.

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

It has a rather large single spring. A picture is shown on the eBay listing. Thanks, Raphael

radman
Victor Jr

Post by radman »

I have purchased several items from Raphael over the last few months and not only I am I pleased with the quality of the items, but also with the excellent service! The products that he sells are 'first class'! and Whenever I send him an e-mail the usual response is within minutes-you don't get that type of service from too many folks!

Best regards,

Dave
Attachments
Victor V1 with matching Herzog cabinet that I obtained from Raphael.
Victor V1 with matching Herzog cabinet that I obtained from Raphael.

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

radman wrote:I have purchased several items from Raphael over the last few months and not only I am I pleased with the quality of the items, but also with the excellent service! The products that he sells are 'first class'! and Whenever I send him an e-mail the usual response is within minutes-you don't get that type of service from too many folks!

Best regards,

Dave
What a beautiful set. I'm not familiar with that horn on the Vic.6. What make is it?.