EMG on Ebay

Post links to auctions and classifieds here

chunnybh
Victor III
Personal Text: "If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink." Vivian Stanshall

Re: EMG on Ebay

Post by chunnybh »

A great price for a lovely machine.
I hope it's going to Graham and a new horn.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

Let's hope so, as I shared the details with Graham as soon as I saw the listing.

The case and fittings look very sound and unmolested, just as collectors like to find them. With a suitable horn and the electrics checked over, it will be a fine machine.

emgcr
Victor IV

Post by emgcr »

Good afternoon all, and yes, I was the lucky bidder but I have not yet seen the item. A friend has collected for me and will be able to deliver in a month or two hopefully. Apparently the vendor's late brother bought it in a Derby antique shop 30 years ago but minus the horn so it has not had much recent use---hence the good condition. I do actually have a spare original Xb horn in stock and, of course, the option of using one of the new Oversize horns. I have long wanted another Mk X base unit which will now enable us to have an instrument to use outdoors on summer evenings instead of the Mk IX which was a little unstable. The sound is even more magical (if that's possible !) in the walled garden.

Thank you for the alert Roger.

Good thoughts. Graham.