Edison floor model for $95 in Ohio.

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
carylee
Victor O

Edison floor model for $95 in Ohio.

Post by carylee »

Wish I was visiting Ohio for some reason...this looks like it might be a smokin' deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edison-Disc-Pho ... 41798bdc7e
"Before we start, the Steinway people have asked me to say that I'm playing a Baldwin piano tonight.." -Victor Borge

welshfield
Victor II

Re: Edison floor model for $95 in Ohio.

Post by welshfield »

I live only about ½ hour away. But I already have one. I suppose if anyone wants this I can pick up, but then what?

GoCOOGS!
Victor I

Post by GoCOOGS! »

There seems to be so many deals like these up north, here in Houston people thing these things cost thousands of dollars. A dealer in the Montrose area of Houston has an Edison C19 for $2000 and part of the veneer is peeling off. Houston is really humid so machines originally from the area tend to be ruined.

Tpapp54321
Victor II

Post by Tpapp54321 »

I live close and it seems like a good deal and ironically I am looking for a s-19. But do you guys think it's too good to be true?

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Tpapp54321 wrote:I live close and it seems like a good deal and ironically I am looking for a s-19. But do you guys think it's too good to be true?
You're not likely to find one cheaper. Go for it!

Tpapp54321
Victor II

Post by Tpapp54321 »

Does the s-19 have a mute ball?

Cody K
Victor III

Post by Cody K »

Tpapp, there's only one way to find out if it's too good to be true -- you know what it is! Since you live close by, it'll probably worth the trip, even if you don't come home with it. Having said that, I've had a few problems with CL ads lately. There's currently an Edison A-150 for sale on my local CL for $75. I responded within a couple of hours of its being posted, and have not heard a thing from the purported seller. A day or two later, I e-mailed again saying I was still interested, and suggesting that they might be kind enough to remove the ad if they've sold the machine. Still no response, and the ad's still up. Since carylee posted the ad to the forum over a week ago now, odds are it's no longer available at that price, but the seller can't be bothered to take the ad down.

Another machine's being sold on a nearby CL with a picture of a Victor 8-4, and information in the text that it's a 4-3, including the serial number. I wrote and asked the seller to clarify which machine it is. The response: "That is a picture I pulled off line. The numbers I have in the ad are for the actual Victrola." I sent them a link to a google search for the 4-3, and suggested they might "pull one of those off line" instead, and avoid confusion. Nope, the ad's still up several days later with the picture of the 8-4.

The moral of the story is: when Craigslist works, it works, just don't fully believe anything until you see it in person. But definitely, follow up on it, and best good luck!
"Gosh darn a Billiken anyhow."- Uncle Josh Weathersby

Tpapp54321
Victor II

Post by Tpapp54321 »

Thanks