Private Collectors collection goes up for auction

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
skere26
Victor Jr

Private Collectors collection goes up for auction

Post by skere26 »

http://3riversauction.hibid.com/catalog ... 50&cpage=1

Some nice players and NOS Edison diamond discs. Even better, only 20 minutes from my house! :clover:

Bruce
Victor III

Re: Private Collectors collection goes up for auction

Post by Bruce »

Thank you for sharing. That will be quite the auction, the collector had an impressive number and variety of cabinet machines.

Best of luck with your bidding. You do not have to worry about me competing against you as it is just a little too far to ship cabinet sized machines from PA to British Columbia.

Bruce

Cody K
Victor III

Post by Cody K »

Wow, excellent auction! Thanks for pointing it out, skere. (How come so many good phono auctions are in Pennsylvania?)
"Gosh darn a Billiken anyhow."- Uncle Josh Weathersby

skere26
Victor Jr

Post by skere26 »

Well auction is over, and although i was in mid-flight, i was still able to pick up a couple of things.

Picked up an Edison C200 and an Amberola 75, both in very nice working condition for just over $300 out the door.

The Sonata Invincible went for $500. A few Machines went unsold.

SK

Edisone
Victor IV

Post by Edisone »

I tried to bid on a few items, but I apparently did something wrong and my bids went out into The Ether, never to be seen again.

Garret
Victor IV

Post by Garret »

I did well. I scored the Edison B-275 sheraton inlay phonograph, a couple of period photographs of cylinder phonographs being played, several Victor Christmas boxes, and a box of what I hope will be useful parts. I was amazed at the prices, as well as what remained unsold. I wanted to know what was in the records box, more than anything!

skere26
Victor Jr

Post by skere26 »

Garret wrote:I did well. I scored the Edison B-275 sheraton inlay phonograph, a couple of period photographs of cylinder phonographs being played, several Victor Christmas boxes, and a box of what I hope will be useful parts. I was amazed at the prices, as well as what remained unsold. I wanted to know what was in the records box, more than anything!
Very nice on the Edison B-275! If my plane wasn't taking off i would have made a run for some of the unplayed diamond discs. Agreed on the unsold items. I'm going over Saturday morning to pick up my items. May see what is left...always room for another Vic right?

Garret
Victor IV

Post by Garret »

skere26 wrote:
Garret wrote:I did well. I scored the Edison B-275 sheraton inlay phonograph, a couple of period photographs of cylinder phonographs being played, several Victor Christmas boxes, and a box of what I hope will be useful parts. I was amazed at the prices, as well as what remained unsold. I wanted to know what was in the records box, more than anything!
Very nice on the Edison B-275! If my plane wasn't taking off i would have made a run for some of the unplayed diamond discs. Agreed on the unsold items. I'm going over Saturday morning to pick up my items. May see what is left...always room for another Vic right?
Thank you! The B-275 will probably still be there when you arrive on Saturday, awaiting a Monday pickup. However, I'd appreciate it if you didn't take it home with you.

I asked about the unsold items, and was told that they will be returned to the consigner.